Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI need to know if it is possible to trunk a serial link through two switches.I two serial links in a building both coming in at different locations. Our comms room has one serial link with a link balancer. The serial connection is plugged directly ...

Resolved! ISL Basic Concept

Hi to all i have doubts about basic concept of ISL.First of all, what is going to happen in the case of ISL trunk enabled only in one side of the trunked link?More, all catalyst switch support ISL trunk?Finally, does ISL trunk support all types of me...

HiWe have a 2910 Router that manages our internet connection.Unfortunaly we have run into a problem that is outside my experience and that is why i write here.Our router sits after a fibre switch from our provider, to gain access through the fibre sw...

Hi,I have 6509-e switch with IOS ( s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI4a.bin ) and supervisor engine is SUP720-3BOur requirement is to downgrade with Catos in SP and  IOS in RP ..... so we have downloaded below images from cisco :catOS Images :cat6...

I have a problem with the mac-address table not updating on a 6509, running IOS (s222_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF16I have two 6500's connected together and the other one is running code, Version 12.2(18)SXF17a does not have the issue.To r...

Dear All,With dynamic port security, I was able to disconnect one device and able to connect other one. However with sticky only those devices were allowed which were learnt i.e. 2 address IP phone and PC.  I have 3560E switches. With three address a...

adilhayat by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi Experts,I was troubelshooting an issue with one customer for FEX. I refered some old documentation. It seems that following command is removed from 4.2 code. This command is available in 4.1 codeshow platform software satmgr info satport eth 1/5Wh...

Hello,On a cisco switch, if you do not have the commands:mls qos trust cos, or mls qos trust dscpwhat will the switch do with frames that arrive with dscp or cos markings?

Hi Everyone,We currently have a dual Core setup using a pair of Cisco 4510's.  The company is growing and we will adding another 200 users or so for a total of 600.  I believe the existing setup will be ok, but I do have enough to upgrade one of them...

msv by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm studying for my CCNA, and I'm having a TERRIBLE time figuring out ACL's. I'm in Packet Tracer, and one of my labs goes like this:R A N E T CO.,LTD. LAB 4-6: Access Control List (ACL) You are the network administrator at Ranet, and have to config ...

rihennig by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes