Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi network expert,I have some questions about DHCP relay. If you could help me...First, I wonder if DHCP relay relays all requests or just DHCP Discover and following requests with same ID. I mean if the DHCP client just ask to renew a previous lease...

baizaid33 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have broadband cable internet with Cablevision and using a Scientific Atlanta cable modem.  I want to connect this device to a router (2610) via ethernet only for my local LAN.  How do I configure the router for this?  Or can someone point me in th...

glisboajr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the CLI trying to tell me when it talks about EtherChannels with an 'A' or 'B' designator following them?  i.e. I understand 'Po41' ... but what are these 'Po41A' and 'Po42B' thingies?  It seems to be a way of representing multiple ports in a...

hello all I hope someone can give me an idea I have a catalyst 2948G that all the flash files were removed,I'm trying to load an IOS through TFTP - I know the IOS is not a perfect match but I was told it should at least be enough for boot,- which mig...

guy.tetru by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two identical switches - 4510 with sup v5.  The number of host that are served by each of them is nearly equal.One of them has more cpu usage then other. I troubleshot it with "High CPU Utilization on Cisco IOS Software-Based Catalyst 4500 Swi...

hi,  I have to make changes on some catalyst c2950 but when I want to save conf, I have this message?  #write Building configuration...  % Warning: Saving this config to nvram may corrupt any network management or security files stored at the end of ...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,In my office i have started creating vlans using cisco catalyst 4948 switch.Each floor is divided into vlans. On cisco catalyst 4948 i have created trunk ports which connects to other switches on each floor.vlan1 ---> 1st floorvlan2 ---> 2nd f...

cisco.bml by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to create subinterfaces on a 3560 switch on gi0/1 interface..Can some please help? thank you !!!current ios is flash:c3560-advipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE2.bin"I want to be able to create the following:interface GigabitEthernet0/1.20interfac...

ud0508500 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi experts.When i disbale split horizon any interface, it starts sending the primary network in its updates. Consider the following scenarioR1 is connected to R2 via ethernet linkR1 ethernet ip is 11.0.0.1/8R2 ethernet ip is 11.0.0.2/8When i disable ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes