Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,  I have a 2921 with a RPS-Adptr-2921-51 installed and connected to a RPS 2300.I plugged the router and RPS to 2 different circuits, the router powers up but when I pull the power to the internal power supply of the router, it powers down and does...

A have an area on my wide area network where I need to connect to several differant networks that have various ethernet dropouts from several wireless radios and network segments.  These would be a total of around 6 gigabit ethernet connections maxim...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can't seem to grasp the sheer concept of pim sparse dense mode.   Documentation says that an enabled interface in pim sparse dense mode will use dense mode for dense groups and sparse mode for sparse group.  It says that ip pim sparse dense mode ca...

tsmarcyes by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guysi am practising for ccnp,ccvp and ccsp and i am using dynampis but some command does dont supported when it comes to make the mantioned router to support as a switch.can any one help me out on this? or any IOS between those that can support...

i have switch 2950.when i want enable fastinterface on this switch i saw this message.switch#configuer tswitch(config)#interface fastinterface 0/1switch(config-fa)#no shutdownfa 0/1 can't be brought up becouse it failed post loopback test.please help...

hii have a catalyst 3560 48 port switch with (4) sfp ports ,am trying to connect the Gig port of this switch with another cisco swtch 2960 over a distance of 1000m (two seprate buildings using SM fiber cable) ,first i make a loopback on the same port...

Hi all,I need to upgrde ios on this switch.i have installed new IOS  version on my laptop.Now in order to remove old ios and upgrade to new ios i can run the commandcopy tftp to flash?please let me knowthanksmahesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've connected 3 x 3560 switches in a lab.  Switch 1 is in VTP server mode and the other 2 are clients and the VTP domain is working fine. On switch 1 I have set the trunk to switch 2 to use native vlan 99 and on all the other trunk ports on each ...

All,I've only had this issue twice, but it's enough to concern me. I was doing some maintenance and checking on my Catalyst 4507 when all of a sudden the switch threw a ton of messages at me, and proceeded to reload. The only one that I could see was...

jbraswell by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes