Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we have cisco 878 series router,we try to make an icmp packet from vlan 1 and the client is the same vlan,when we try this so there was no icmp packet generated from router.I see the arp of client but i couldnt ping from router.What could be the prob...

tdorduncu by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The c2960 doc's do not show what the GREEN and RED alarm temperatures are ( unlike a c3750). The C2960 does not have a temperature Value only a Status.You can set the YELLOW alarm to X DegC below the RED alarm, but i can not find out how to tell what...

IOS

I have to upload a big IOS version 12.2(33) SXH6 but I'm unable to copy the image to the switch through the network. Is there any other way that I can do it ?

Hi All, I would like to know on what is the best practice to configure on a switch to support a server w/ vmware. Server inside the vmware belongs to different vlans. Is it ok if I configure the port in a trunk and allow only the vlans that belong t...

Mhon Baul by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HII have 2 WS-X45-SUP6-E on WS-C4507R-E whit RPR configuration.the redundant supervisor engine become active, but I don't know why?Please see attach.(sh environment,sh module,sh power).

heres my setup:I have a ROUTED access layer switch and a user vlan that terminates on it. The default gateway for the users is the user-vlan interface on the switch.The problem is that the users need to be treated as untrusted users. Their traffic ne...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to know the detailed bankend process that happens when a host wants to communicate with a remote host via two intermediate routers. What will the IP and MAC address at each point of the datagram? Could anyone help me with this?

catwo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking at the Cisco Network Assistant Tool, for errors and drop packets.I noticed the tool show per individual switch an amount of 20,000 packets drops and in some other switches up to 35,000 packets drops.I checked both G0/1 and router interfac...

par13 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have a 3560 switch and there is a WLAN AP connected.Port is configured as below.interface FastEthernet0/43 description * WLAN * switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 5 switchport trunk allowed vlan 5,10,15 switchpor...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card