Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've got 6509s with MSFC2 cards doing our layer 3. The MSFC2s are running IOS 12.1(26)We are seeing horribly slow file transfers from out Windows2008 servers, most of the time large files will fail to copy. After doing a wireshark sniff it looks like...

tdriver by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to clear something up, I have an interface that has both an access-list and a route-map. If the traffic matches to an ACE will it then be processed by the route-map or does it bypass the route-map? I am trying to understand what the ord...

smolz by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can't find the doc anywhere to answer my question so I'm am hoping someone can help me out ;) I have a 3750 set as a gateway router on one of the VLANs. From a host somewhere out there on the VLAN I send an ARP request for the gateway address whi...

gliverm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1. If you go to the 87X download page, the ROMmon is classified as "C85x/C87x ROMMON Upgrade" but the file(s) are not available in the 85X download page. Is it or is it not the file valid for the C85x/C87x routers? 2. I'm trying to investigate the...

Leo Laohoo by Hall of Fame
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Has anybody come across or know of bandwidth intensive applications that require end users to have gigabit ethernet network connections.I've read the 'Deploying Gigabit Ethernet to the Desktop: Driversand Applications' Cisco white paper but I'm no...

gsidhu by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is there a way we can get the information or alert for packet drop on an interface?Can we get any syslog message generated or SNMP trap configured for this?How much of RMON has a possibility on this.-Thanks

georgeef1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I purchased two Cisco Switches 3500XL and 2950 from ebay hoping that I could use it for my Voice Lab. Do these switches support Layer 3 and POE? Is there any specific command to enable POE if it supported?

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes