Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Folks, Really excited to be jumping into Packet Tracer.  I am in "Introduction to Cisco Packet Tracer", chapter 2, 2.1.1.2 and it says to double click "Deploy Devices.pkt", but I for the life of me can't find it after looking for one whole day. Now t...

Will Brad by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi Studying for the CCNA, I'm a bit confused about the definition of the RSTP disabled role I find multiple sources stating that "disabled" means that the port is administratively disabled. However, in the official course guide a few paragraphs later...

daan-ce by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey noticed that our cbs series switches are auto trunking when connected with other cables even though they are across different vlans. Is there a way to disable this? 

jay.booth by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am preparing a stack with two switches the second switch was a  member of another stack. The first switch has all the  configurations like SNMP spanning tree, VLAN,I had erased the previous configuration from the second switch except for VLAN .d...

Hi we have switches connection like this:  dhcp server -----(g0/3)switch1(g0/1) ------(g0/2)switch2(g0/4)-----clientYou can see four interfaces are labeled in the diagram above. If we want to add ip dhcp snooping trust, the command have to be added t...

Leftz by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to set 2 options 67, but when I try to set the second one, it overwrites the first option 67. Device: WS-C2960XR-24PD-IVersion: 15.2(7)E4 ip dhcp pool xnetwork X.X.X.X X.X.X.Xdefault-router X.X.X.Xdns-server X.X.X.X X.X.X.Xdomain-name YYYYYYYo...

Hi there, (Switches in question here are C9500-48Y4C (swA) and C9300-24T (swB), both running at version 17.3.3.) I'm trying to get DHCP to work over MPLS/VPLS (which is working very well besides DHCP).I suspect some sort of ip helper is required to g...

1)I have 4 Switch C9300-48T (Version 16.9.4) this all 4 switch in Stack .2) I have another stacking of 2 Switch C9300-24UX(Version 16.9.4)  I want to merge all 6 Switches . is it possible to connect all switch in Single stack? Please advice & procedu...

I am connecting vEdge 1k with 9500-32C-A through copper cable using GLC-TE. But the link is not coming up and getting below error.*Nov 23 19:08:32.207 utc: %TRANSCEIVER-3-NOT_COMPATIBLE: R0/0: iomd: Detected for transceiver module in HundredGigE1/0/2...