Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi,When I do 'show logging' I cannot find the date/time stamp against the log as below. Is there any setting to enable it ? 1d12h: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console1d12h: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console1d12h: %SY...

I'm configuring a cisco 871. The WAN has the IP 196.12.229.218. It has default gateway 196.12.229.217, wich is the LAN iface of a inet GW. The thing is that we want to reach another LAN iface, the 196.12.229.50. But I can't reach that interface. Do y...

godzilla0 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have Cisco works LMS 2.6 and I am new with this.My manager want whenever if any one login into the device (one of the core switch) / made some changes then we need to get an Email.Can somebody help out me.Regards,Naidu.

Here's my problem:I have a sup32 running in a 6513 switch running in native mode. My boot var is set to BOOT=sup-bootdisk:s3223-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin and my config register is 0x02102.When I reload the switch autoboot tries to open ...

brandon00 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,My Catalyst6509 have one VLAN72, and there are some servers in VLAN72, server A IP address is 10.100.74.5, server B IP address is 10.100.74.30. I tried to ping server A, the server A could reply successfully. But if ping to server B, no replied fr...

Hi Guys,I have an issue with a missing password on the "ws-svc-cmm-6e1 module"I have refered to this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Config_Notes/78_14107.html#wp133394I need some clarification here.1. What...

Hello, I am trying to design a monthly baseline strategy for our 18 3560 switches. We would like to monitor traffic, config changes, dropped packets. Does anyone have any recommendation of the best way to achieve this would be? thank you for any h...

I'm seeing the following errorNov 4 09:33:29.390:%DHCP_SNOOPING-5-DHCP_SNOOPING_MATCH_MAC_FAIL: DHCP_SNOOPING drop message because the chaddr doesn't match source mac, message type: DHCPINFORM, chaddr: 000e.9bac.xxxx, MAC sa: 001a.6bd4.xxxxCisco exp...

nawas by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have a problem regarding a printer sometimes not connecting to my network. The switch interface is configured for 100mb/full duplex as is the printer. The switch is configured for portfast and when UTP cable plugged in, the interface comes up bu...

jnharvey by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Basic CEF question

Can someone explain how exactly CEF reduces the work on the CPU when the CEF Adjacency and FIB both reside in the Route Processor just like the Route table? This link doesn't exactly say how the CPU load is reduced. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/io...

Hi Guys,had a small Q; I have a switch connecting to a router. The interface settings on the switch is auto and auto. Whereas on the router it's configured to be 100 full. Now I get errors on the interface (both sides). The very moment I configure th...