Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! IOS question

dear all,i have some questions:1. How can i configure the router ip address (not interface ip address), so i can telnet into the router acn connect the router using Internet Explorer. I know the command ip address subnetmask,but from which prompt can...

I have downgraded my Cisco 3640 IOS to a lower version. Now the router is unable to detect the 32MB flash that is installed. The "show version" command does not display the flash memory (2 x 16MB). If I try to use "show flash:" an error message appea...

pllim by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a Cisco 857 (12.4(15)T5), when trying to start the firewall via SDM or SDM Express I get the following error:"class-map type inspect match-any sdm-cls-insp-trafficError detected at this command. Click OK"Then the...

There is a SNMP MIB named PW-STD-MIB, PW-ENET-STD-MIB for 12.4T release but I am unable to locate the MIB in the MIB locator nor I am unable to download the MIB.Can anyone provide me a link from I can download this MIBThank You

sriharius by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I'm not too sure but I have a 48-port Catalyst 3550 Series switch and I need to know if this switch is a Layer 3 switch?When I do a sh ver, one of the things it says is "Running Layer2/3 Switching Image"thanks in advance

insccisco by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was getting ready to put my 851w on ebay to sell, but I wanted to clear all the configs off of it, but I got a little carried away and did a 'erase flash' as well as 'write erase'. now I get the No bootable image file: flash:/Unable to open boot fi...

ephelps69 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wanna clarify few things on the voice vlan;1) I am going to use 1000+ phones on my new work and my current configuration is;interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description PHONE D104 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 4 ...

drnteam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have been facing a problem with one of our remote sites for a couple of days now. Some users at the remote site were complaining of slow application response. My colleague and my self (we are at the main site) were checking the 3 switches there...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I upgraded a couple of 3550's to the latest 12.2(44)SE2 IP Services code recently and noticed IPV6 commands were available. I thought they might be visible but not accepted however they are accepted and when it is globally enabled (ipv6 unicast-rout...

I'm currently studying for my ICND2 and i'm working through the VTP, VLAN and STP concepts and configuration. Here's my problem.I have 2 switches, 2950 and a 2900. On the 2950 the fa0/24 is conneted to 2900 fa0/24 with trunking (dot1q) enable and wor...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card