Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! No routing at all

I have a 2851 router. Please see the attached configuration file. In attempting to get it to work at all, I have tried both IOS 12.4(15)T3 (ED) AdvancedIPServices and 12.4(18) (LD) IPBase. I have the same problem with both. I have created a very ...

braninl29 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts, after many hours searching at cisco.com and other sites I gave up and decided to post my question here.how many GEIP+ modules supports a Cisco 7513? (this router is equipped with a RSP16).Can I use all the remaining slots?Thank you for...

What low-end 48 port 100/1000 switch supports NAT, if any? We have a pair of old 5500's with RSM's with NAT statements on the RSMs. As we upgrade and collpase our backbone; I still have the NAT requirement and was hopping to do all layer 3 "stuff" in...

jkauffman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently purchased a laptop without a DB9 and do work frequently with Cisco routers. Is there a method to connect to a console port on a router without a DB9 port on my laptop?

Hi, Sorry, I not sure whether this is the correct place to post this question. I have a server S1 and a load balancer connected to a CISCO switch and a server S2 connected to the load balancer. The problem is when I tried to telnet from S1 to S2 phy...

I'm in need of writing an ACE that willblock IPv6 router advertisements forimproperly configure hosts.Seen quite a few advertisements for6to4 gateways that have no businesshere. Any thoughts folks?This is for 3750 stacks that are runningIP Base.Thank...

Can I configure a SPAN session on CatOS such that I can capture the dot1q headers? I am interested in the CoS markings and I have not yet been able to view the headers. I'm not sure if this is because the SPAN session isn't capturing them or the Ne...

jedavis by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

MAC

Explanations Required...1-Every Ethernet port + SVI's has a separate MAC address. Agreed ?? If yes, how every New created SVI get its mac address from2-Every Ethernet interface of router also has its mac address and serial port doesnt have any.The N/...

HelloI just had something strange happen and I am not sure why.I have a c3750 switch stack with 1 Master and 3 Member switches. All 4 switches have RPS power connected.Member switch 3 at the bottom of the stack showed that the onboard power supply h...

I need to upgrade my IOS to 12.4(11)XW to support my HWIC-1ce1t1-pri card and PVDM2 module. I have a 2811 router that I just bought last December and I was told it was going to have 256MB DRAM and 64MB Flash (which is what is required to run the IOS...

qbakies11 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a border security/EDGE design question. Attached is my Network.I have 2 x 7606 routers each with sup720-3bXL accepting 2 BGP Full IP feeds each advertising a /22 PI address space.All 1Gbps links between routers/switches.I have 2 x 6506 with su...

I need to block and allow certain MAC addresses to a particular interface on a Catalyst 4506 switch. I created an extended MAC access-list and applied it to an interface however it doesn't work.Can you have both IP extended ACLs and MAC extended ACL...

Hello, everyone:Does anybody have a GOOD document that discusses policy based routing in a data center -- or better yet, between 2 data centers. A document that will cover methods and cosiderations for things like Internet access failover between 2 d...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes