Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

AP1231G plugged into C6509 gigabit switchport - AP not able to connect to ANY part of network including vlan default gatewayTrunk status showsmode=onencap=802.1qstatus=trunkingnative vlan=301Switchport config:interface GigabitEthernet1/5 description...

tsrader by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

dearAS i am having datacenter switch (6500) from my local pc i cant telnet to switchbut from diffrent switch i can telnet the datacenter switch .i can ping from my pc to that particular ip its pingingand before to say that we are having complte layer...

Hi,i would like to know what could be root cause(s) that can make a single vlan got host flapping? in my case the router connection became very very slow even cannot be telneted due to high CPU utilization. a host with MAC address has made this route...

I have a server and a client both directily to 3550.Server port hardcode to 100/fullClient port is auto. Problem is download from server to clietn is fast. But upload file from client to server is extreamly slow.Client is a Gigabit card, and I tried ...

Is there any benefit in using VRRP over HSRP (or vice-versa) between two 4506 (SupII+ 10GE) core switches for client resilience?

nigelb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've a stackable 3750 switches. There are three with one being master and all of them have a same priority. What is the easiest way to find the interface associated with an IP as show arp | incl 192.168.x.x shows the mac address of the master switch ...

What are the usual issues when an interface (ethernet) is in an UP/DOWN status . DOWN = Protocol. Would it show this status if nothing was plugged in to the ethernet port.. Thanks

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allif a switch is not multicast aware, if it recieves multicast traffic from a source, will it flood it out to all ports on the switch, like a broadcast ?cheers

Hi,I have a VMware server with a teamed NIC. Each NIC is connected into a separate Cat 6513 switch.The 2 6513s are connected to each otehr via a Layer 2 etherchannel trunk and all vlans are trunked across this.In normal operation, the VMWare server...

I'm trying to create a number of extended vlan id's for LAN on a couple 6513 with sup 720's, I seem not to be able to create vlan's with id's 1025 - 1102 I get the following error message.Switch(config-vlan)#exi%Failed to commit extended VLAN(s) ch...

Hi,I'm not sure if it possible to use summary addresses and static routing but here's the problem:-We have a class b network 10.31.x.x and a gateway of 10.31.0.1 and within that we want to have the class c's 10.31.1.x, 10.31.2.x each with their own g...

We have connected up a 2960G twice and each time segments connected on a edge switch that is turnked into the core, Most hp printers with jetdiriects stop printing, and are not able to ping. Mac addresses in the arp table show all zeroes on a win2k ...

bgleason by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes