Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

After installing a second 10 mb ethernet nm-1e module on a 2610 router, the e1/0 connects to my ISP cable modem - while e0/0 connects to my 2924xl switch for internal network. Question: How should I configure IP addresses on these interfaces?e1/0 = o...

zekwueme1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, i have the following configuration to load balance my 2 dsl connections, the first question is, will this load balance the outgoing & incomming traffic?the second question, each line is 4Mbps, i would like to create a Multilink group so that i...

We have a cisco 837 router setup to handle internet and a backup wan tunnel at a small remote office. We want to use the DMZ port in the 837 to put a wireless access point there so it would be seperated from our internal network. Inside LAN can get o...

d-roush by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Multilink

Hi,I have 2 location connected by Fastethernet 12MB line,Now i want to add one more line to multilink together for redundancy. In Fa0/0 my local LAN(192.168.1.0) is connected, Is it possible to add 1 more line i,e to Fa0/1? If i add 1 more line,...

mkarthick by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there!I would like to know if there is a rule of thumb for whether a device (switch or router) should be upgraded (or replaced) after it reaches a certain CPU or memory threshold. We are planing the replacement of several devices and we were think...

ppucci by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to trunk two 2924xl and 2924 switches for training. On the 2429xl I was able to configure vlan and trunking. But the 2924 switch I could not. 2924-b#sh vlan - %Invalid input detected....marker. Also sh vtp stat elicits -invalid input dete...

zekwueme1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cat 500 with VOIP?

We're running Callmanager Express with voice & data VLANs and QOS. I need to connect a small outbuilding with fiber, it will have 2 phones and 2 computers in it. Can I get away with a Catalyst 500 Express layer 2 switch in that building to handle the...

jpm122 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Easy CDP ?

I have enabled CDP on two of my switches and it is working fine. I try to run it on my third switch, a Catalyst 3550, it won't advertise any cdp packets. Has anyone heard of this happening?Thanks.

mrashby by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a router with two subnetworks 10.125.x.x/19 and 10.118.x.x/22 configured on the same interface one as primaryip and the other as secondary. And these two subnetworks are connected to LAN through 2950 switch. In the switch there are no vla...

Hi,we have flat l2 network with 48 swichts. One RB and a BRB (the core). Each access swicht have a active path to the root and an alternate path (RSTP) to the back root bridge. Now one of the access switch had a hardware failure. These hardware failu...

mandreano by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1720 with a WIC-1DSU-T1 currently on IOS 12.3(21) running NAT. The T1 is the outside NAT connection on Searial0 and the Fast Ethernet port being inside NAT on FA0. But, I now have some devices I need to put behind this router that ne...

ian by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes