Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello AllIn the Cisco documentation, Topic: Recommendations for MACsec Encryption I came to know that recommended BFD timer values are 750 milliseconds for 10Gbps ports and 1.25 seconds for any port with speed above 10Gbps.  my query is :- Why such h...

Hello all, I have an issue with a newly deployed 9200. When I logon using TACACS+ if I try to change any configuration or perform a show run, i get "Command authorization failed”. I also have a local user with privilege 15. My AAA configuration on th...

Resolved! 3750x & Netflow

Hi there, i have a number of 3750X switches which i am aware are EoL, but i have a question that my network team seem incapable of answering.Flexible NetFlow is supported only on the Catalyst 3750-X switch running the IP base or IP services feature s...

Hallo,i have 2 Switch WS-C3850-12XS-S and wanna update them remotly in  install mode. But every time i do that, the booting breaks up during updates and i should go to the location to reboot the switch. After reboot the switch, i see the switch take ...

If UDLD is enabled under fiber ports, if loop accurs/detected with one of fiber link in EtherChannel, would the whole EtherChannel will go down/error-disbaled or would only down the specific port will go down in EtherChannel ?

Ayub by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have some confusion regarding native vlan as per what i know all ports are in vlan 1 by default and operational mode is static access , suppose 2 switches are connected and there is native vlan mismatch on SW1 native vlan is 30 and on SW2 nativ...

Asif.oxy by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello and sorry for my english,just little question, I have 4 DNS servers to set on switchs : 10.4.0.1 10.131.0.1 10.4.0.2 10.131.0.2  if there is a difference if i put DNS like this :  ip name-server 10.4.0.1 10.131.0.1 10.4.0.2 10.131.0.2 and like ...

Please consider the topology, I have configured RELILIENT ETHERNET PROTOCOL(REP). When I am pinging MAIN SWITCH from PC0 it is pinging via Second Switch.... But as soon as I break the connection from Second Switch to Main Switch, Alternate Port beco...

REP.PNG

We are getting high amount of outdiscard in one of our CISCO 2960 interface. When run sh int command we found below output.  reliability 255/255, txload 17/255, rxload 25/255Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not setKeepalive set (10 sec)Full-duplex, 100Mb...

Arijit007 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Networking: If component requires minimum amount of network throughput all traffic limiting factors are checked. (e.g. packet limiter to CPU, shared resources with other components) need to perform on single switch

I have a pair of c9300 switches with fibre between them. An aggregated interface using a port channel group is simple enough. However, Cisco offers a number of protocols for this - ISL, LACP, etc.  What is the recommended choice?

jmcgrady1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear community.I am trying to find information about configuring VSS on 2 Cisco 9200L switches. And the last information, I found in the Cisco Community Forum was from 2017. And the information was not very good for me. As I found I can't configure V...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card