Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have two 4500s connected to each other with a VSL.  We are using fa1 as the mgmt IP.  Recently we had to move the cable from fa1 in switch 1 to fa1 in switch 2.  Was wondering if it was possible to set up a backup mgmt IP.  Meaning, could I have f...

mramj499 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A "rumor" says that you can erase the Cisco Catalyst Switches BIN-file using the mode button!Is that possible or just a bad rumor?I know that you can do a factory reset with the "mode button" if you hold it longer then 10sec.   Ofc, I have read the m...

I'm trying to get 802.1x on a Cat6509-E to work with Microsoft IAS. I'm still working through the details, however when I issue 'debug dot1x all' and then issue a 'term mon' command, I never see any dot1x debug information.DET1TR1E#sh debdot1x: Dot1...

s.clinard by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I had a basic question, when configuring a portchannel, would I only configure the trunk on the portchannel or also on the individual interfaces?  Also, if the trunk was configured in both places what would happen? Thanks in advance.

Walt1923 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to enable port security for some non-Cisco WAPs which have their management IP in a native vlan and tagged traffic for 2 SSIDs on different client vlans.  I want to restrict access in the native vlan to just the WAP's mac address and freel...

sen_au by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Port mirroring

Greetings.Is it possible to create a variety of topologies using port mirroring? Is port mirroring for monitoring use only?If I want to communicate a PLC with other using only 2 ports on the same switch , Is port mirroring a plausible solution to mak...

Hello, I am installing an old 2975GS 48 gigabit POE switch, and I need to get the latest software that includes web management. Mine is Ver 12.2(55)SE6, but it does not allow web administration. I have checked on Cisco website, but to no avail.Thank ...