Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

New to networking, testing at home lab trying to setup 2 VLANs on Layer 3 enabled SB500, VLAN setup seems fine but I cannot ping the gateway/firewall from the switch and cannot got in the internet from either of the 2 VLAN I created. Can someone poin...

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.41.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.41.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.41.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.41.58 AM.png
AJ_YYZ by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Day everyone, I am fairly good at configuring Cisco but this I cannot get working. I have a working port channel on a 3750x 3 switch stack running version 15.0(2)SE2 with a 4 port port-channel, simple trunk configuration and LACP. It is connecte...

nbroughton by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We intermittently receives alerts like SNMP agent is not responding.Can anybody pls share troubleshooting/validation steps that can be done from network side (commands on Cisco Switch and Router) not from snmp server side.

I have cisco 6500 WS-SUP720-3BXL that I’m testing control-plane policing and it seems to be working, I see packet drops, but the CPU is still overwhelmed to 90%. I’m using an online stresser, basically a DDOS attack test. When I test with an LDAP amp...

Hello Experts - The question may sound naive, but I want to hear from you experts. I have a Physical windows server configured in NIC Teaming bundling two 10G Ethernet Port. The cables are connected to Nexus Switches A and B configured in VPC  If I r...

Question regarding uplinks in a stack of access switches: If we have let's say 4 access switches that are data stacked, can we just have uplinks be on the one switch and that will connect up the core/distribution layer?  (Trying to save cost on netwo...

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to get my switch to talk to an external network (192.168.1.0). Both my router and switch are on the 192.168.10.0 network. The 2800 series router is able to talk to the 192.168.1.0 network and access the internet through ...

Kaan Kaya by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,SwitchingMy DC Core Switches comprise of 2 x Nexus 7009 switches running with VPC configured between them. They run in Primary Secondary mode.I have a SPAN destination port setup on Primary Core switch which is connected to an appliance that colle...

Does the device on the SPAN Port on a switch need to be configured to have the same IP addressing scheme as the devices attached on the source ports? For example, I have a computer running Wireshark on the SPAN port with a IP of 192.168.2.1 which wil...

adaml3 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes