cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hot to clear a set command on cat-6500 switch

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

We are set to upgrade the CatOS on out Cat-6506 switches and currently have the line in the config that points to the existing .bin file in the flash: "set boot system flash bootflash:cat6000-sup2cvk9.7-6-1.bin". After we have placed the new .bin file in the the flash, we would need to point to it with the set command, so that when we reboot the switch the new .bin file will become active. How do I clear the existing "set boot system flash bootflash:cat6000-sup2cvk9.7-6-1.bin" from my config? I tried the clear command but to no avail.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

you might want to try the command:

clear boot system

Here is the link to the command reference:

clear boot system

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_8_3/cmd_ref/cd_clr_l.htm#wp1048607

HTH,

GP

Hi axfalk,

is the clear command not working at all or just with the boot system param?

If so u can try this....

1. copy your config (to whatever)

2. change the boot param to your new file

3. copy your config back to the switch.

4. reload...

Regards,

Sebastian

PS: maybe u have to erase nvram AFTER saving your config to an external source.

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Pls use "clear set boot system flash bootflash:cat6000-sup2cvk9.7-6-1.bin"

That should work, you can slo use " clear boot system all ", that will clear all the boot variables and then you can define the new one.

If you wan to keep both the old and new image and want to boot the Sup with your new image, then you can use the command :

"Set boot system flash bootflash: prepend"and the switch will boot from the new image file.

HTH,

-amit singh

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

"clear boot system flash bootflash:cat6000-sup2cvk9.7-6-1.bin" . Also "clear boot system all " will clear it .

tarun209
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Change the boot variable so that the switch boot with new software image after reset.

Old boot variable is cleared.

Cat6509> (enable) clear boot system flash bootflash:

New boot variable is configured.

Cat6509> (enable) set boot system flash bootflash:

Make sure the config register is 0x2102

Thanks & Regards

Tarun G

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card