Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I teach at a networking academy at a community college and we have a few donated 3560X switches supplementing our student lab. Six are deployed in pods. The room has adequate climate controlIn the last 10 months we have had two fail, announcin...

20240508_120957s.jpg 20240508_123138s.jpg

Hi Guys n Gals,I am having a bit of trouble with an assignment I am doing in packet tracer.I don't have the files handy until the eve, so will send pics/files later if required.My problem is that I have an access router connected to 3 separate cluste...

I am experiencing high  cpu usage on one of my 4500x switches. Below is the output switch#show processes cpu sortedCore 0: CPU utilization for five seconds: 37%; one minute: 32%; five minutes: 29%Core 1: CPU utilization for five seconds: 19%; one min...

adi by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a couple of switches that are trunked via a LAN cable from another switch. I noticed that these switches sometimes have a hard time to SSH into. I get the error: "Connection timed out". After a while and a few tries I can connect just fine. I ...

Rick001 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,I am seeing MPLS TE Tunnel is not coming up in my setup. I am using XRV node running version 7.11.2.  I have explained below the config and status.Could anyone please check and comment on this issue ?   XRV-A Config:                              ...

mailatgk_0-1715184319026.png
mailatgk by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In an SDN architecture, which function of a network node is centralized on a controller?I. Creates the IP routing table Most Voted II. Discards a message due filteringIII. Makes a routing decision Most Voted IV. Provides protocol access for remote ac...

After a recent security breach and a RADIUS failure, an engineer must secure the console port of each enterprise router with a local username and password.Which configuration must the engineer apply to accomplish this task?I. aaa new-model l...

Hello Community,Please guide as to which is the best option for this question. I lean towards (III) as explained below but on another group I belong, some people also belive strongly that (IV) should be the answer Which action is performed by Link Ma...

Good morning I am facing the following problem on a customer location with main and backup router. cisco ISR4331/K9 We see constant incoming IHQ packets on the WAN Interfaces on both routers. At the same time there is almost no traffic on the WAN Int...

Chrizhitz by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear CISCO community,this is probably very rare question, and most likely I'll got negative response, but nothing to lose by asking. I found WS-C2960L-16TS-LL switch forgotten in basement, and it is damaged ( not working at all ) by water/humidity da...

HI all,i'm quite new to RSPAN y sincererly didn't get it very well.Ok is for monitoring interface traffic for interface is configured,ok i configure the "sending port" and "receiving port in monitoring",but where this traffic is forwarded?Where can i...

gabelz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello togehter,I need to know which Device is connected to a switch port. My starting Point is on Coreswitch where I enter:show mac address-table | inc abcdOutput is:show mac address-table | inc abdc   4    aaa.bbb.abcd    DYNAMIC     Po1Now I stuck ...

ralpho1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I've set manually a specific port, in which have a non-Cisco WiFi 6 Access Point running, to provide 30W to make the PoE+ runs, but the AP itself didn't recgonize the power provided as PoE+.I've adjusted at web interface as well at CLI. Is t...

jobe83 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes