cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1702i-E-K9

riyas2khan
Level 1
Level 1

I have more than  5 "AIR-CAP1702i-E-K9" devices. all pre used now all  of them are factory reset.

should i have to configure one by one or is there any way to configure on one go ?  
how to make the users inside the same network auto athenticate to the AP automaticaly without prompting for any passkey. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just because it works with other Cisco devices does not mean it's the right cable.
Cisco APs are special - they only work with certain cables so if you don't have a cable that is known to work with another Cisco AP then do not assume it is suitable.  I've thrown away three different cables that worked with Cisco routers but not APs.  The one I linked to is known to work and there are others.  Generally FTDI chipset and correct driver is a good starting point but beware of some cables using fake FTDI chipsets which won't work.  So I'm sure this is a cable problem (if you have tried all possible baud rates as @marce1000 suggested, although you claimed to have factory reset them so they should all be 9600).

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...or is there any way to configure on one go ?  

No , there isn't , better is to use a wireless controller for central management of the access points.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce, 

thanks for your response.. can we use radius desk to manage this AP if we dont have cisco wireless controller ?

I don't know what "radius desk" is but regardless the answer is going to be NO.

Either manage them individually as autonomous APs or with a controller.  You could also use a Wave 2 AP running Mobility Express as a controller.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/index.html
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/q-and-a-c67-734485.html

this AP model not supports MX OS. so you need to us cisco wireless controller to manage All APs from one console. or you need to manage them separately. additionally, if you configure same SSID with same password in all APs, users will not need to enter passwords again when moving via AP coverages. but that not recommends for performance and mobility

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thanks for your reply Mr.Kasun,

I am facing a new issue, i am not able to connect(not sure) to the AP using USB console cable.   in PuTTy there is some unknown character appears when press right click of my mouse.  i thought i had a problem with the cable. but it works fine when i try with other devices like switch , firewall. etc.. what will be problem ?

HI,

i have tried to connect the AP with the cisco compatible usb console cable. but no success.

even a cisco technicia himself checked it personally, he couldnt, he said it may be locked or private log something ?? because the units are bought by "Honeywell".

anyone have a solution to break such ??

Rich R
VIP
VIP

1. Check port settings 9600 baud rate 8 bits No parity 1 stop bit
2. Right click is dependent on app and how you have it configured.  By default PuTTY will paste when you right click so then it depends what you are pasting.
3. Cisco APs only work with certain cables - refer to recent discussion at https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/cisco-air-ap3802e-e-z-k9-does-not-connect-by-console-cable/td-p/4637653

Thanks Mr.Kasun, 

i wil let you know the result once i try with a new cable. 

HI,

i have tried to connect the AP with the cisco compatible usb console cable. but no success.

even a cisco technicia himself checked it personally, he couldnt, he said it may be locked or private log something ?? because the units are bought by "Honeywell".

anyone have a solution to break such ??

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Never heard of such a thing and don't think there is any such thing as "locked or private log"!
Either the cable is still not right - have you tested the cable on another known working AP?
Or you should consider the possibility that the APs are faulty?  If you got them cheaply 2nd hand that might be your problem - go back to the seller and ask them to prove the APs are good and working.

Hi Rrudling,

I have check the console cable with other device like cisco switch and working fine. but when i try with the AP all getting is the text as in attached image. By the way the 6 AP which i am having is not a second hand device. those were under "Honeywell" network when our organization joint venture with them. when we decommission from them they handover those device to us.

- Verify again that the baud rate on PuTTY is set to 9600

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

yes its same, i even tried with 34800.. no success

- Try all possible baud rates as possible in PuTTY, you never know what Honeywell did , if that does not help , set to 9600 again , and tap the space bar during boot. Check if that can help. If all of that does not work , then I think the access point is broken.

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card