Wireless

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have an Aironet 1200 AP and due to a botched update i now receive the following message when the unit powers on:"The system is unable to boot automatically because there are no bootable files to boot"There appears to be only 3 or 4 files on the ...

henry8288 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to extend to wireless service to a building across the street, app. 200 feet. With the original antennas I get only a weak intermittent signal. I have attached a 14dBi Hawking antenna to the left mount and set that antenna as transmit and rec...

merleenns by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi experts,I want to add a second wlc 4402 in branch office(4.1.171.0) to WCS (4.1.83.0) in Headquarter. During this operation I receive this messages from wcs:"controllers unreachable, check smnp and network for issue". I try to ping from wcs to wlc...

hello everybody,we installed a new wlc 4404 for wireless access.before we installed autonomus AP and with this all works fine!the problem is with the client authentication. old installation: Odyssey Client<>AP<>ACS<>RSA Servernew installation: Odysse...

n.steffen by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Been looking at the CISCO spec for the 802.11G AP, but I can't find any information on the internal clock (i.e. speed, accuracy, drift, etc). Please help.

logis5555 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Been looking at the CISCO spec for the 802.11G AP, but I can't find any information on the internal clock (i.e. speed, accuracy, drift, etc). Please help.

logis5555 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking for a way to make rogue AP alerts generated by WCS more user friendly. Ideally I'd like the names (not Mac address's) show up in the alerts. Is anyone doing this?

cchughes by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We have a customer with multiple stores and they use wireless handhelds. They used to have single VLAN and Single SSIDs and everything was working fine. I have created multiple VLANs with Multiple SSIDs. Everything was working fine however,...

m-haddad by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am connecting 20 wirless ap1200 to a network all on different switchs. Below is a configuration i wish to use as i will be offering to networks across the wireless ap. Is there anything else i need to configure on the switch interface like STP e...

Hi everyone,since I have problem configuring my Wireless using SDM (I have posted on that), I tried to configure it in command line and after I give a SSID to a Wireless Interface, I try to enable security but there is no commands allowed. Here is t...

I would like to use the internal DHCP to issue ipaddress to the guest wireless clients. However; when i setup the wlc internal DCHP scope and try to connect to the wireless guest vlan the WLC debug DHCP reads ...forwarding to 192.168.255.2 which i ha...

Hello,What are the main functions of the Radio Manager in the WLSE :- rogue access point detection YES ?- interference detection YES ?- client walk about YES ?- AP scanning NO ?- RM assisted configuration NO ?- self healing and auto re-site survey NO...

How often would you change the passwords for Guest and Employee SSID's? Would you change them every 6 months? What method do you use to notify Guests and Employees that the passwords for SSID have been changed? For Guest, would you place the docum...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: