cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

What is this config missing to require the client know the WEP key to get on the network? Someone said they could get on my network, are they lying?interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address no ip route-cache ! encryption key 1 size 40bit 7 6C770C504D00 tr...

I have an Aironet 1200 Access Point and a laptop with an Aironet 350 Adapter setup for a site survey. I would like to do a continuous ping while I'm conducting the site survey. The site survey works fine but I can't ping the access point. Does any...

bm_5789 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In Europe we can use 13 b/g channels . So suppose we take channels 1,5,9,13 . Each of these channels is then separated by 20(4*5) Mhz . Knowing that each channel is 22Mhz wide theoretically the cochannel interference should be minimal . Has anybody p...

lldemeyer by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I give. What am I missing when trying to upload a new firmware? I have downloaded the 8.80 upgrade, am attempting it from 8.65.2. The file extensions are .450 and .mib. I cannot find detailed info, even on EOL pages, that descride either how to c...

The VxWorks verison of the AP1200 had an option to block all interclient communication. Unfortunately I can't find this feature in the IOS version yet...Do you know how to do this in IOS?Thanks in advance!

marton by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,I'm having trouble establishing DHCP addresses to clients connecting via 802.11 to my Cisco Aironet 1200 AP running IOS 12.2(12)JA2. If I establish a DHCP IP address via ethernet, the address will persist onto the wireless session. However, t...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello AllI hope that someone can shed some light on this for me.I am looking to implement WDS for a client to make use of the Fast Secure Roaming feature (which appears to work very nicely) to solve a roaming problem that they have. However, all the...

Hello,I have several of Cisco's AiroNet 350 PC Cards (PCMCIA), which I am interested in using in a research project where I will need to be able to adjust the transmission power. Currently I have been using Linux with kernel 2.4.20 (stock RedHat 9.0...

jonmccune by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! Got this problem suddenly popping out of nowhere! *gasp* I used to connect to my home 802.11b network with PCM350 PCMCIA from my notebook to Netgear router. Worked well for 2 months+ and then one day, it just suddenly stopped logging onto the ...

actually im building a wireless network base on cisco 1200 access points in 802.11g tech.as the site survey stated we need 2 access point co-located in each floor.but i dont know about the exact product name of 802.11g AP.please help me and i wanna k...

koorosh_l by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have heard that i can use air-ant3351 antenna with air-ap1231g.. i wanna know is that ok???is it a must to use antenna with that access point to have good coverage?i appreciate your opinons.

koorosh_l by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using Handheld devices with embedded OS and AP to do a data transfer (Client server request) but finding difficulty in wireless connectivity wireless Connectivity is lost every to 2 to 3 hours abrupts I have to reset access point to resort itKi...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card