cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Powerproblem with 2802I Ap

Denniz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, first post. I have a 2802I (loaded with ME) and a Aruba 2530-8g-PoE+ switch. My problem is that i can't get my ap to turn on the radio, it is flashing red, green and blue (unsuffucent power). I have tried to turn off PoE and just have PoE+ on but that didnt work. The switch is capable of delivering 30w per port which should be enough to power the ap. I have configured lldp and it still dosent work. Is there any soulution to this problem?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Good catch. Yes, you are correct. It should be 30.

"poe-allocate-by value" and "poe-value 30". Those two config lines gave switch instruction to reserve and distribute 30W of power to PD's without need from them to ask such power amount...

CJ

View solution in original post

I actually got it to work! The things that i had to do was to turn OFF PoE+ on the switch! I dont know how that solved the problem but it did!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try using on the Aruba : show lldp info remote-device [port-number]
          Verify parameters such as requested and allocated power (if available)

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you enabled LLDPon the switch by issuing? Check the following commands

show power-over-ethernet brief
show lldp config <port-list>
show lldp info remote-device <port-list>

LLDP can negotiate power with a PD by using LLDP MED TLVs (disabled by default). This can be enabled using the int <port-list> PoE-lldp-detect [enabled|disabled] command. 

Below additional config may be needed 

poe-allocate-by value
poe-value 15
poe-lldp-detect enabled 

CJ

Thanks, but "poe-value 15" reserves 15w of power to that port, right? Shouldnt that be 30?

I also already have lldp med enabled.

EDIT, I did as you said except for poe-value 15, and "PSE Allocated Power Value" is 0 watts although "PD Requested Power Value" is 22.0 watts.

>.... but "poe-value 15" reserves 15w of power to that port, right? Shouldnt that be 30?
    Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-736497.html  , look at the section Power draw , you can also find more details on how the AP is experiencing received power by rebooting it and just after boot connect to it and issue the command show logging

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Good catch. Yes, you are correct. It should be 30.

"poe-allocate-by value" and "poe-value 30". Those two config lines gave switch instruction to reserve and distribute 30W of power to PD's without need from them to ask such power amount...

CJ

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

Have you ruled out wiring/patch cord issues?

Yes, i have. I have used a 15cm cat6 cable between the switch and ap to test that.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So it's working now?
If not make sure you're running the latest version of code for your AP as per TAC recommended link below.
This will make sure to resolve any bugs relating to LLDP including this quite recent one https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz05686 which is resolved in 8.10.171.0 and later.

I actually got it to work! The things that i had to do was to turn OFF PoE+ on the switch! I dont know how that solved the problem but it did!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card