Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless client unable to get dhcp from WLC internal dhcp server

shawntls82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WLC with internal DHCP server enabled, Lightweight APs are able to get IP from the pool but laptops connected to the wireless are not able to get IP addresses.

There is only 1 network 192.168.1.0/24, DHCP proxy is enabled on the controller.

Please assist.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't have to do that... the reason you did that to get it to work is because on the management interface you must have a dhcp server specified there. If you need to have a dhcp specified on the management interface, the you can do dhcp override if you wish.... doesn't hurt.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shawn,

So the WLAN is mapped to the management interface of the WLC the same as the AP's? If so, that should work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

shawntls82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Yes, and I just found that I need to check 'override DHCP' and set the IP as the management interface's address and the client gets IP successfully.

Is this the correct way?

Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

You don't have to do that... the reason you did that to get it to work is because on the management interface you must have a dhcp server specified there. If you need to have a dhcp specified on the management interface, the you can do dhcp override if you wish.... doesn't hurt.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card