cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change agent state to Not Ready when outbound call ends

LabanM
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to set the agent state to Not Ready with a finesse workflow, however, when an outbound call is placed from the acd line when agent is in ready state the state changes to not ready, when the call ends the state goes Not Ready > Ready > Not Ready. This allows a call in queue to sneak through before the agent is ready to handle another call.

Is there some global setting to change the state to Not Ready when ending an outbound call? Any other way to handle this?

UCCX 10.6.1 (Soon upgrading to 12.5)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@LabanM 

Prior to Finesse 12.0, to make outbound call from Finesse desktop either UCCX / CCE platform, agent need to go to Not Ready state to make manual outgoing call.

In Finesse 12.0 & 12.5, there was feature modification that from Ready state you can make a manual outbound call.

As suggested by Amer, you need the gadget to handle the Finesse events so that the Agent does not get reserved for next call.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Yes that is possible, but i have only seen it through custom gadget.

Within Finesse API, there is a API to set the agent to not ready.

So basicly in your custom gadget, you need to do two functions, first is to check the agent status (Outbound, inbound, talking, etc..) and then on the call end function you invoke the not ready and even you can set it before the call ends so in this was you make sure that no calls comes after.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!change-agent-state

This is a sample code for changing Agent State

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!mediaget-media/mediaget-media

This is how you get the agent state.

Amer

Thanks, I'm actually already doing this within a finesse workflow when call ends and variable that I put CSQ name into is blank. The problem is, when the call ends it actually puts them in Ready for a half second(guesstimate) until the workflow executes and puts them in Not Ready. The half second of ready time is enough for any calls waiting to get sent to the agent. I've advised them to not make outbound calls when in a Ready state, since you can't actually dial within finesse when in Ready state, I'm guessing best practice would be to make an outbound call from Not Ready state anyway.

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

If you have any requirement for a custom Finesse Gadget you can write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

@LabanM 

Prior to Finesse 12.0, to make outbound call from Finesse desktop either UCCX / CCE platform, agent need to go to Not Ready state to make manual outgoing call.

In Finesse 12.0 & 12.5, there was feature modification that from Ready state you can make a manual outbound call.

As suggested by Amer, you need the gadget to handle the Finesse events so that the Agent does not get reserved for next call.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for, most likely we'll wait for upgrade to 12.5 rather than build a gadget for 3 months use.

Finesse API didnt change nor does the Gadgets, Libraries might (depends on the version)
So if you do a custom gadget based on Finesse API's, there is nothing to prevent you from using it with any version for finesse.

Amer

I think you're misunderstanding the changes in 12.x, the change is to allow agents to make outbound calls from READY state. So this doesn't solve your problem. You will still need some customized solution to accomplish what you're trying to do.

david