Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX IVR port License

Debabrata Majhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can any one help to get the following license attached?

We need to understanding the Cisco UCCX agent license requirement.What is the relation between IVR port and Seat license?

If we need 10 agent what will be the premium seat license and IVR port license required ?

Regards

Debabrata Majhi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400 is the standard line that shows up on every UCCX server when you go to Display License. Since UCCX supports a maximum of 400 agents only hence the line had been added there just from informational purpose but that does not specify your agent seats. What you are licensed for is actually Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 10 and based on that you did get the 20 ports.

Attached to this post is license screenshot from my server that also shows the exact same thing as your license. Hence, what you are able to see is absolutely correct and Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400 is just an informational line that you will find on every UCCX server.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With CCX Premium which is what you have you get 2 IVR ports for each agent license. So, in your example you get 20 IVR ports 2 for each of the 10 agent licenses. This means that you can have up to 20 concurrent calls being processed by CCX IVR engine, meaning listening to prompts and in queue. 

Hello,

I have gone through the all post regading this.

My point is in the attcahed license report there is

Package: Cisco Unified CCX Premium

Total IVR Port(s): 20

Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 10

High Availability : Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Preview Outbound Dialer: Enabled

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400

In the above post of Daren saying that per agent 2 IVR port premimum license required then why not the IVR port is 800 as in the license saying maximum 400 agent.

Regards

Debabrata

Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400 is the standard line that shows up on every UCCX server when you go to Display License. Since UCCX supports a maximum of 400 agents only hence the line had been added there just from informational purpose but that does not specify your agent seats. What you are licensed for is actually Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat(s): 10 and based on that you did get the 20 ports.

Attached to this post is license screenshot from my server that also shows the exact same thing as your license. Hence, what you are able to see is absolutely correct and Cisco Unified CCX Maximum Agents: 400 is just an informational line that you will find on every UCCX server.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks to all for your valuable comment

Regards

Debabrata

Hello Deepak,
In case we need to run Outbound IVR Campaigns with CCX Premium, the same IVR ports that we get when purchasing Agents Licences are used? or we need to buy specific port licenses for IVR campaign?
Thank you in advance

Yes you have to procure outbound license. If you have 5 outbound licenses, you can have up to 5 concurrent agent seats to handle outbound calls and 5 concurrent outbound IVR calls

Considering i have 20 premium license (40 IVR ports) and 10 outbound license(10 OB IVR ports), so i can make 10 IVR calls simultaneously, does this mean 10 of my 40 IB IVR ports can make out bound calls or i can have 40 concurrent IB IVR and 10 OB IVR calls?

What happens when you upload 2 types of licenses to Cisco UCCX (ex premium and enhanced) as i understand Cisco UCCX doesn't support mixing features between different types of licenses.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to what Chris said, if you have Standard or Enhanced license type which gives Basic IVR Ports then the number of ports is decided by the OVA that was initially used to deploy UCCX. For example, if you used 100 agent OVA to build UCCX then the number of ports you get is 100. Similarly, if you choose 300 agent OVA then 300 ports. However, in case of Premium package that gives you Advanced IVR Ports, it is always 2 ports per agent seat irrespective of what OVA was deployed and this cannot exceed the count of 400. What this means is that even if you have 225 seat license the ports will still be only 400 and not more than that.

You can refer below Design Guide for more information on this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_01.html#UCCX_RF_I310FD1A_00

Regards

Deepak

hi @Deepak Rawat , i know this is an old post but hope you can clarify few things if you are still  around

I understand the advanced IVR ports are allowed when we purchase premium seats (2 ports per seats).  these adv IVR ports are used for database integration, java, email notification etc vs basic IVR which is only for prompt play, menu option , digit collection.

lets say we deploy a 100 agent OVA, purchase 10 premium seats, so we have 20 adv IVR ports and 80 basic IVR. now lets say we have script that does email notification which notifies supervisor/manager when no agents logged in during business hours.  if there is a 21st call comes in...would it be a problem on that script and even to go thru email steps.???

thank you.

vijay

Is anyone still following this thread? Is there some way to tell how many ports are in use in real time?