Ideas In Review
15%
Ideas Planned
7%
Ideas Completed
AngusBenjafield
Level 1
Level 1

In my organisation, several support teams share the access to CX Cloud, so we can all see each others devices in the Assets section and each other's cases in the Cases section.  The same CX Cloud Agent is used to contact all our devices too.  I have added the devices my team support to an Asset Group, but it would be good if we could set permissions so that these devices are not visible to other support teams and their devices are not visible to my team. Also rather than adding devices using a seed file to CX Cloud Agent then adding them via an asset template to an Asset Group, it would be good if we could specify an Asset Group when using a seed file so that this could be used to add and delete only devices from my team's Asset Group.  Currently for another team to add their devices using a seed file, I have to give them the seed file I have used, and they add their devices to it, otherwise my teams devices would be deleted if they used a seed file without ours in.  Also the seed file has to have the username and password for the cli access in it.  This is not ideal as my team has to see the other team's credentials in the seed file or they have to see ours.  It would be good if it were possible for other users to be able to see both sets of devices though, as our designers would need to be able to see devices from all operational support teams.

4 Comments
Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for sharing how you are using CX Cloud.  It sounds to me like the ability to have multiple separate seedfiles uploaded without them replacing each other would be a helpful option.  Would that help to meet your requirements?  There is also an option to have separate CX Cloud accounts if the teams operate completely independently and no one needs a single, consolidated view.

AngusBenjafield
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Chris.

If we could have seed files that relate to an asset group that would be ideal as it is useful to be able to use a seedfile to delete and modify as well as add devices, we just don't want someone from another team to load their seedfile and delete all our devices. If that could be achieved by having the ability to upload multiple separate seedfiles that would be great.

It would be useful to be able to have some accounts able to see all asset groups but other accounts to be limited to seeing only a subset of certain asset groups.  That way our designers could see everything read-only and support teams wouldn't be able to see or interfere with assets outside of their scope of responsibility but would have full control over their own assets.

If it were possible to nest asset groups and apply permissions to them relating to user groups I think that would achieve this goal.

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the additional information.  As you know, a seedfile requires more information than is present in an asset group.  But we will be adding an export feature to the asset group details, so that could be the starting point for a seedfile.  But the remaining data needed in the seedfile upload would still need to be added.

Status changed to: Planned
Tyrese Jackson
Moderator Moderator

Hello, this idea is now documented in Jira.