Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Inbound Caller ID Name Display

David.Pellat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have had a request to enable inbound caller ID's for management staff phones to be displayed as a name on the internal phones.

I can't see that this is something that is possible straight out of the box but maybe something that could be configured as a phone service maybe?

Example:

Inbound Caller                                                    Maybe and XML service? - Resolves          (Phone subscribed for services)

09 7856 5656     =>  Cisco ISR => CUCM8.6 => Looks up 09 7856 5656 = John Smith  => Forwards name to Mangers phone = John Smith  

Does anyone have any examples or information on the feasability of this ?

Thanks

David          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My scripts can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David,

Before you can use this service, you will need to speak with your telco provider to find out if they can offer caller name display.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon,

but the Service privider will not play a part in providing the name.   The callerID as a number gets passed to the callmanager which would then do a lookup on the inbound CallerID.  I only require this for inbound calls to identify them.

Thanks

David

Hi

1-This should be enabled by teleco , as the below example If teleco sent the calling name present by teleco :

debug isdn q931

Name Presentation Allowed Extended

Name = XXXXXXX

2-You can also  add the below command to your configuration as the below , may be this will help you.

Under PRi interface

interface s0/1/0:23

isdn supp-service name calling

Thank you

please rate all userful information

You cannot do that natively in CUCM. The caller name has to be provided by the telco. The only alternative to that is to use TCL script that will do a lookup on the gateway. You can contact Paolo Bevilacqua. He has a "number to name" script that does this on the gateway.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3940195#3940195

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you Aokan for recommending my work.

Hi Paolo,

aokanlawon mentioned you may have a work around for this? Would you be happy to share the work around that you have developed?

Many Thanks

David

My scripts can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Hi Paolo,

I have checked the site and it looks as though the "Number to Name" Script should do the job. Is it quite simply a question of downloading the script, configuring the script on the router and preparing a XML file of names and numbers that is stored on the router.

Thanks

David

Awesome,

Scripts work beautifully.

Many thanks for your help!

Good afternoon, David

Please kindly share your Inbound caller ID script with me if possible (nikolay.n.kozyrev@gmail.com).

Thanks in advance.

I hope this would help in my scenario:

2222 calling num \ 3333 called num-- CUBE --CUCM -- script vlookup 2222 num with user -- as result, target 3333 will see 2222 calling num + Name & Last name.

Thanks.

Hi, could you share me the TCL Script to change the number in the name?

Hi,

Check out Paolo Bevilacqua  profile. You can Aquire the scripts from there.

Kind Regards

David

what is the name of the script? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: