Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Administrator Username (OS/Diaster/CLI) in CUCM - 9.1.2

Dears - Can anyone help me with command to change Administrator Username (OS/Diaster/CLI) in CUCM - 9.1.2.

I can see command to change Administrator Passoword (OS/Diaster/CLI) not the username.

Thanks,

Siva

SIVANESAN R
19 Replies 19

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Siva,

please find this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_C6AE17AA_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C6AE17AA_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-91_chapter_0110.html#CUCM_CL_SB2BA64F_00

you can create a new user and give him the admin privilege.

I don't think the the OS password can be changed.

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Carletters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have the same question but in Call Manager 8.6.2... I tried to search by Internet and other forums, papers, etc..  and I did not get nothing clear. I think that Administrator Username (OS admin/Disaster/CLI) can not  be change by us. Probably Cisco TAC in the root or something that, I don´t know. My last question if I create a new account with privilege 1 (advanced), this account can do the same in (OS admin/Disaster/CLI) that account created at the start of installation?  this account or username regarding command "show account" has privilege 4...  please somebody feedback to us about it?.... thanks a lot..

Hi,

what best u can do is create another with  set account name command ?

regds,

aman

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See the installation guide. Table 2 under the "Server Installation Information" section.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_I05CD008_00_installing-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_I05CD008_00_installing-cucm-91_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_ID154C37_00

Parameter

Description

Can Entry Be Changed After Installation?

Administrator ID

This field specifies the administrator account user ID that you use for secure shell access to the CLI, for logging into Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration and for logging into theDisaster Recovery System.

No, you cannot change the entry after installation.

Note   

After installation, you can create additional administrator accounts, but you cannot change the original administrator account user ID.

Basically, you cannot change the OS/platform administrator ID after install. You can change the password (as you have already found). 

HTH

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Bill ,

thanks for sharing info.[+5]

regds,

aman

Thanks Bill 

SIVANESAN R

Sorry if this was answered, but I didnt see it;  how do you add an Admin account to log into OS Administration/Disaster Recovery/etc? 

Is there any way to assign a regular end user with the rights for this?  I believe not.  Im also assuming I should NOT make my new OS admin name the same as an end user's name?

Hello William ,

I appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. we are using administration account to log in to the GUI of CuCM ,...and  we have few people using same credential to log in to the GUI. We are planning to create a user name for each person with same privilege as administration account. How we can do that?

2.Does it work in version 7 and below ?  

Give the Standard CCM Admin Users role to give them access to CUCM admin page. Complete details about various other roles and groups available in CUCM can be found in below document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/accm-802-cm/a02mla.html&ei=z-TotCjv&lc=en-IN&s=1&m=466&ts=1451488857&sig=ALL1Aj4fYhLVHuGZlAVezRYS0vlv9tuZnQ

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Thanks.

404 Page Not Found

Can not open the page.

Does it work in version 7 and below ? 

Thanks.Can not open the page.

Can we create local userID in Version 7 and give the Standard CCM Admin Users role to give them access to CUCM admin page ?

Yes, assuming you're not LDAP integrated, in anything below CUCM 9.x it's either ALL local users, or ALL LDAP users, not both at the same time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What about Unity Connections and UCCX ? can we apply same concept for both?

yes. for Unity u just need to give system administrator or technician roles in the user. Uccx is similar add admin or other to user account. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: