IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

HI,I read some document about IPv4 to IPv6 migration and In 6to4 translation, when IPv4 i.e. 192.168.99.1 is converted into IPv6, it shows IPv6 Address 2002:C0A8:6301::1/64. In this , the ::1 is what interface ID or else. and if interface ID then how...

KR SHAH by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Are there any good IPv6 research topics to take on for a Masters dissertation in Computer Science. Suggestions would be appreciated.RegardsSid   

I have a few 3560G's & 3750G's in a lab.  They are interconnected in various ways - trunks, L3 P2P's etc - this is a lab right so we can't break anything?  All of them are running the latest 15.0(2)SE7 IP Services images and they are all configured f...

I was wondering if there are any guides for providing network administrators with tools or procedures for logging of IPv6 flows?We have, in a large campus situation, a need to be able to "back calculate" which person or user was in possession of a gi...

Hi All  I am trying to generate a series of IPv6 using a shell script#!/bin/shFROM=1 TO=ffFORMAT="%0${#FROM}X"FROM=$(printf '%d' 0x$FROM) TO=$(printf '%d' 0x$TO)while [ $FROM -le $TO ] do IFROM=$1 ITO=$2 IFROM=$(printf '%d' 0x$IFROM) ITO=$(printf '%d...

merrittr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello everyone, i was wondering if it is possible that ipv6 dropping more packets than ipv4.  i run a test using D-ITG, to test data and voice, but on IPv6 lost more packets than ipv4, special when i sent voice and data together, i was wodering why c...

hello everyone, i was wondering if it is possible that ipv6 dropping more packets than ipv4.  i run a test using D-ITG, to test data and voice, but on IPv6 lost more packets than ipv4, special when i sent voice and data together, i was wodering why c...

Can anyone help figure out why the Catalyst 6509 is not able to assign an IPv6 address? Thank you. Cisco Catalyst 6500 version 12.2(33)SXI13 configured as DHCP server for a VLAN responds to Windows 7 client with status code NOADDRS-AVAIL(2). My confi...

Hi, I'm currently a 4th year student doing her Honours project and I seem to have run into a little issue. Firstly, let me describe my network: I'm using Pagent IOS for my Traffic Generator (TrafGen) so it is the beginning and the end of my network. ...

Hello All. Here at my company, we work with one RV320 as the main router and other two cisco routers for R&D.  In the R&D routers, we work with IPv6 and, for each one , we set one IPv6 (2001:db8:5:1::5/64 , 2001:db8:5:1::6/64) and for each one we set...

This is a little ,off topic ,since the device isnt a CISCO device ...just uses the ios. here is my problem I have a setup on a switch using ipv4 igmp for multicasting . I need to test how this works using IPv6 and MLD ...so I have nearly the same con...

merrittr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all I have a Cisco CGR 1120 router. Currently, I am looking to implement the Modbus protocol in the Guest-Os system. Does this protocol has been already implemented in the Cisco Router?  If not, we are looking to configure the connectivity ourself...

Resolved! RIPng Next Hop RTE

Hello everyone, I can't catch by wireshark the packet RIPng with Next Hop RTE.  I can see a lot of packets with RTEs, but no information about the Next Hop (no 0xFF in the metric field).  I was trying to do it with a few different schemes, but no res...

kozorezdi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes