MPLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

if i config mp-bgp vpnv4 reflector on a P router, does this P router become a PE router? Or keep P router role in mpls network?thank you!

fly by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a scenario:(CE1)7600-----FE VLAN(dot1q)-----(PE1)7200VXR(NPE300)----FE----(PE2)7200VXR(NPE400)----atm----(ATM cloud)------frame relay------(CE2)2811I want to bridge traffic between Ethernet interface to ATM interface on PE Router Cisco7200 w...

what are the main difference between various options of Inter AS MPLS VPN as well as what are the benifits of one over another?

dangal.43 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the recommendation for setting MPLS MTU when the hardware does not permit the setting of the interface MTU:PE-Edge-2(config)#int fastEthernet 0/0PE-Edge-2(config-if)#mtu 1524% Interface FastEthernet0/0 does not support user settable mtu.The M...

Hi:I have a question regarding AToM.Say I have CE1---PE1----P1----P2----PE2-----CE2CE1 to PE1 - Ethernet 802.1QCE2 to PE2 - FRTo get AToM up and working, would I need to change the mtu on the PE and P routers in the core?And if so to what value? What...

rajju by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Normally LSR router will advertise the label received from downstream router to all router multicast address called 224.0.0.2 so will the receiving router will send the same label to the router from which it already received? if yes then will it crea...

dangal.43 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi can anybody explain if am running MVPN only with SM not SSM can we use only data mdt .If I design that, is it necessary I have to configure threshhold atleast 1 in every receiver PE.

Hi all,Is there any option if my two path with same cost available to reaching sender end ,multicust will flow with only one path so that replicated packet will not come twise .

hello,what are the benifits of differnt EoMPLS technologies like Port mode, Vlan mode and dot1q mode? can any one explain me which one is appropriate for what kind of scenarios?regardsDevang

Hi there,I'm trying to understand how Inter-AS Option2a ASBR to ASBR, MP-eBGP using next-hop-self command.My findings as below. I noticed that if route-target is different from SP1 and SP2 the VPNv4 routes does not installed on respective vrf routes....

maher by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

in VPLS we are configuring VFI and specifing VPNid wich is nothing but domain id right??? and each PE in SP network will share the same VPN ID for the periticular customer so all customer site will be in same ethernet domain right!!! and how VPLS wil...

Can't find exact answer for the question.Is VPLS supported by Catalyst 6500 series switches on any of SUP2/SUP32/SUP720 without OSM?Thanks.

Wizardrix by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes