Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everyone,If this has been posted before, which it probably has, I apologize in advance.Basically, I have to configure a VPN between our NY ASA and a PIX we shipped to our LA office. The PIX is replacing an old Cisco router. The ASA is our main dev...

In a recent Cisco Security Advisory (Advisory ID: cisco-sa-20131009-asa) there is a "SQL*Net Inspection Engine Denial of Service Vulnerability" identified.  I plan to follow the upgrade process to resolve this, however, I will not be able to perform ...

Hi, Just a clarification on Proxy ARP on ASAs. Scenario: Web Server 10.1.1.1 -- in ----  ASA ---- out ----- InternetLet's say the WWW server has real IP 10.1.1.1 and static NAT 200.1.1.2ASA's outside IP is 200.1.1.1When traffic comes from the Interne...

Hi all!I have deployed an ASA5512-IPS-K9 unit that has the following 2 licenses installed:Cisco ASA 5512 SW License Security PlusCisco ASA 5512 SW License IPS SSP LicenseAll is working out fine except for the IPS SW module.When viewing the IPS using ...

net buzz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I am trying to use the Cisco SDM version 2.5.  I installed the software on a PC running Windows XP service pack 3.  When I launch the application, I get the screen shown below.  I have no idea what I may have done wrongly.  Please help...

Hi AllAfter some advise and directionOur ASA firewall using ASA version 8.4 has recently started presenting us with a problem to one external websitecalled http://partners.highnet.com/login/  ip address 62.233.82.181.Our firewall is letting everythin...

Hello,I am trying to figure out the proper configuration for ISP failover on my ASA 5510, here is my senario:Currently our primary ISP link is being provided by a consotium for schools so we have no public ip address on the outside interface of the A...

Hello,We have servers in the datacenter to monitor several customer ASA devices over VPN tunnel. The issue is some customers overlap with each other. For example, 192.168.1.0/24 may be used as remote subnet for 2-3 customers. The monitored devices ar...

martens72 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey,I want to use two ASA's as an active/standy cluster in two datacenters. To avoid split-brains I want failover/replication but only switch to the standby unit by hand. My first thought was to disable monitoring on all IF's. Would this be enough?Th...

Hi I'm running a 5505 version 8.4(2).Around a month ago i addedd a second interface called inside2.  Everthing was going fine until I needed to expose some websites on the new network to external parties.  If i try to access the sites via my outside ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card