Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hi Can any one suggest me a linux (open source) based log analysers to accept logs from cisco 4215 ips. My network is based on opensource and I cannot have windows machine and hence need a log analyser on linux to analyse the IPS logsThanks in advanc...

Dear sir/madam,I have ASA5520-AIP10-k9 security appliance, could any one tell me what does this AIP10 and K9 security appliance mean.Also could any tell me briefly how i best use this equipment, i have a LAN of 500 users that contain dell servers, 18...

goharkhan by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiIs upgrade from 6.3.4 to 7.2.2 allowed and work well or i should upgrade like this: 6.3.4->7.0.x->7.1.x->7.2.x ?in release notes for 7.2 i found:The minimum software version required before performing an upgrade to PIX Version 7.1 isPIX Version 7.0...

icenterhq by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two Pix, running 7.0.Primary is running UR active/active license, Secondary is running FO active/standby only license. Both of box cann't talk to each other. and keep complain" remote unit license is different".Is this caused by the active/standby on...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Can somebody explain the difference between the commands:static (inside,dms) 10.1.0.0 10.1.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0and nat (inside) 0 access-list NoNataccess-list NoNat permit ip 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 anyAfter Updating from 7.x to 8.x the second ...

I can't figure out why outbound ftp is not working. Could anyone help?same-security-traffic permit inter-interfacesame-security-traffic permit intra-interfaceobject-group service ExchangeOWA tcp description Exchange Web and Mobile Access port-object ...

kpoon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a server hosting Syslog service for an application on default port 514. Can we bring a Syslog service on the same server for FWSM and if so what are the conf changes required?

aksher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am wondering whether ISR or any other routers with IP base IOS (i.e. not with Security Bundles), support CBAC ACL or stateful Firewalling? Or is it a must to go for the Security bundles in order to implement stateful firewalling in my router?Reg...

Hi,today I configered a router (1760) for snmp v3:snmp-server view ReadView internet includedsnmp-server group OurGroup v3 auth read ReadView snmp-server user xxxx OurGroup v3 auth md5 yyyyTrying out with net-snmp works fine:snmpwalk -v3 -u xxxx -l a...

Hi, I have a router connected to an mpls network and would like to setup an ASA 5505 as a backup using a Site-to-Site VPN. Their LAN interfaces would be on the same subnet. Is is possible to enable something like HSRP between a router and a firewal...

Hi,I've got an ASA running a single context on 7.2(2) connecting via a web based VPN to a VPN3020 concentrator. Whilst the tunnel is up and reporting no errors, we are losing maybe 1 in 10 packets. The pattern isn't regular, with sometimes over a min...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card