Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Ok, so the alias command was working for about 40 minutes, now it doesn't work anymore. I haven't made any changes. Now when I ping the FQDN, it times out, and when I try to access the site via browser using FQDN, I get a DNS error. Rebooting the PC ...

Can I configure IDS on the PIX. I have looked through the documentation on the Cisco web site but could not find anything except how to configure shunning on a PIX using Cisco IDS UNIX Director. I don't want to use any external device and would like ...

ccardon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a webserver setup behind my PIX firewall. It is also a mail server as well. My problem is that when I try to browse to a website I only get the first page and every subsequent page times out. I also can not receive mail. Below is my config. Ca...

nalleyp by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I have a problem with nat (xlate) in my firewall pix 525 with 6.2.1 , I have 6 global group for nat my inside address to access internet (1517 with global + 166 in static = 1683 total ). In sometimes my users aren´t able to access internet and ...

Hi All,I am just starting to play with a PIX and I am wondering if it is possible to configure Etherchannel on it. Can I have also a link to the appropriate Web page?Thanks

mcardell by Cisco Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The firewalls ended up being primary with the same address and MAC. I later notice looking at the logs that both were going back an forth from primary to secondary 3 to 4 times a day since the upgrade. After it did that twice during the same weekend ...

mdlv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm sure this must have been asked before but... Given service policies with CBWFQ and LLQ aren't allowed on virtual-access interfaces how can a service provider guarantee bandwidth and latency to VoIP or other priority traffic over a single PPP sess...

Hello,On a PIX501(6.2) with VPN Client (4.0.2), the Vpn connection is ok, but I encounter this problem :- ping from client (192.168.229.1) to lan (192.168.42.x) fails.BUT :if I ping first from Lan (192.168.42.x) to client (192.168.229.1), then a ping...

nrousseau by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sorry for the simple question But I am an idiot.My DMZ is 10.1.10.0 and the inside is 192.168.9how do I access a mail server from the inside to the DMZ ???The DMZ mail server has a static mapped public address that works fine but I have yet to make...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi there is a problem, I have a inside and outside interfaces, I done a static (inside,outside) outside_IP inside_IPwhen I'm pinging from internet outside_IP thats fine, but I cannot ping from that pix inside_IP... why I got ping answers when I canno...

p.dubicki by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes