Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I have tried to install CD one second edition with RME 3.1 and have run into trouble. CD one installs fine, however after I install RME 3.1 I get a message, essentialsdbmonitor cannot connect to 'rmedb' Database. This stops me from viewing running ...

Documents don’t jive. Looking for correct answer.Starting at this link (http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/fw/sqfw500/index.shtml) the specs for the 501 are:Outside Interface: “one 10Base-T interface”Throughput: “provides up to 10 Mbps of fire...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to configure SNMP Traps, whenever a User logins\Telnet to the Router.However i am somehow unable to find a way, how to ONLY enable this functionality.I don't wan to receieve any other traps, except when a User Logins to the router.Which SNM...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1. I am trying to shun a host for 1 minute when a specific alarm is triggered. Shunning works O.K. but after 1 minute the entry in Block Host menu on IDS sensor dissappears but there's still a shun command on PIX. In other words it seems that the sen...

efink by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Using the new feature of load balancing through OSPF, is it possible to create a parrallel array of PIXes to simulate a "dynamic" load balancing environment ? Please explain why yes or not. If the answer is not, then, is it possible to create a "st...

vtello by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Any opinions on the necessity of keeping an ISA server with a PIX on the network? ISA server was acting as proxy/firewall, but I don't think I really need it anymore.Thanks

My web server is alive and sitting behind PIX.How to set on the firewall inorder to allow the outside users able to send the echo-reply to the web server and get a reply.By default the firewall doesn;t allow the echo reply on the webserver since I on...

ddicky by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a question.... Is it possible to configure NAT + Vpn? I read http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094761.shtml but i can't understand how it works. If it is possible can you give me ...

albatech by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I've got a PIX515e running 6.3(1) configured to support VPN access usingVPN Client 4.0.1, vpngroups and xauth. The PIX hands off authentication to a RADIUS server (FreeRadius) just fine. I'm now looking to see if I can get some sensible accoun...

Hi,My company is switching to a new T1 line and I have to change all my IP settings in the Firewall. I know I can save the existing config on a floppy. I just want to know if Cisco has a software tool that allows me to take that config file and edi...

ewai by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi people,Is there any IDS full version in order to install it in a PIX, ( a new version or something like that)?, I do not found it, or only its default IDS version exist.If not,....Then, does it mean, must I to install it only on the border routers...

mcelec by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes