Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Resolved! GLC-LH-SM

Hi,I have two sites located approximately 5kms apart, they have 72 core SMOF connected between locations.I have a 6509 at the core and a 3650E at the remote, both have GLC-LH-SM SPFs.The interface at the 6509 is not connectedThe interface at the 3560...

Hello all. I have heard this term (fiber strands) used loosely. Is this referring to the actual pure glass on the middle of the fiber? In an example where you have fiber cable with LC connectors on both ends connecting two devices. Would that be equa...

west33637 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I want to connect two endpoints through a 62.5 mm fiber.  One endpoint is a Catalyst 2960 and the other is a PLCIt has been tested to work with 2 Allied Telesis media converters (RJ-45 to 100Base-FX).  One for each endpoint.I'd like to know if ...

All,I'm looking to hook up a WS-2960-24TC-L running IOS 12.2.(rev 44) to a Catalyst 4507 on a WS-4448-GB-SFP card. I'm using two GLC -LH-SM SFP's to connect across 62.5 m Multimode Fiber. The distance is around 1200 feet, so I'm using mode conditioni...

jbraswell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card