Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

i want to know from where can i start learning optical networking,i have done CCNA and engineering in telecom . please let me know how to become a certified optical network engineer,if i want to prepare my self where whould i get the study material...

nazimmd by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, i have the following problem:i cannot get a zx sfp to come up. i was wondering if you guys could provide the right fiber to use with a back-to-back zx sfp setup.at the moment we're using 9/10 single mode fiber and they won't come up.we've used th...

Hi,I've searched intensively but I haven't figured out how far can reach a 15540 with 2x10G wavelenght using 15501 for amplification ?It's possible to reach 600Km using 8-10 15501 ?Can somebody point me to a link.Also maybe I'm wrong but I've read t...

crysm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi My question is regarding a latency on one of our OC48 transatlantic circuit from new york to london. This circuit has provisioned by a US based carrier. We used to have a 80ms of ping replies and now it has jumped to 110ms. I investigated and cou...

swizzguy by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Somebody can help me with the memory requirements to install the IOS c2600-i-mz-122-17.bin and too indicate me if it supports fragmentationSend me to:fer26yz@hotmail.com

coasin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear MembersFor my CAD/CAM Lab can i have 10 Gbps to the Desktop, i know i Gbps is possible right now, what about 10 gbps.what are the Cards and switches i need for that, i have four Labs in my Campus, can i have 100 Gbps Backbone, my applications ar...

Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card