Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

I m looking for ONS software download from the software center. I m looking for 4.0 and 3.3 images. and I also see two images each 25 megs in size, one with a SDH in the image name, and one without an SDH. I want to know which one to download, and al...

Can someone give me some pros and cons on UPSR vs. BLRS in a fully protected environment. A link to more information regarding these two ring configurations would be greatly appreciated.KL

klee1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Consider this case 1 got 3 sites with DWDM equipment namely A, B and C say I deployed 15252 for A and C then B with 15201 and all the CLIP configured for fiber protection of certain value 50/50, 90/10 etc, refer ditext diagram belowA -> B -> CSay on...

hashaari by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Did anybody try to use CWDM-MUX-4 for 1310 nm links like OC3 ? We have BPX with BXM-155-4 cards and want to build something like BPX---OC3----CWDM---------------------------------CWDM----OC3----BPXthen CWDM GBICs will be used to add Giga...

Currently using C3550-12T with CWDM-GBIC-1610 to CWDM-Mux-8 connecting to C355048G with Same GBIC.Using SM Fiber with attenuators on both ends length about 25KMUsing 12.1(13)EA1 code on both switches.Media type on Gig interfaces show up as CWDM-1470?...

sfranklin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes