Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Resolved! 10G SFP+ with DOM

Hi,Can anyone advise where can I download the data sheet of Cisco 10G SFP+ with DOM? I was able to find one but it doesn't include the details of Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM). Unlike in 100Base SFP and 1000Base SFP data sheet, it includes the inf...

Noy-pi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently Being ModeratedONS 15454 RecommendationsHello Guys,Just looking for some recommendations / best practices from experienced ONS 15454 engineers for the following questions.Scenario:There are 2 sites located 130 km away from one to the other ...

jbnair by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 switches WS-c2960s-24PD-L one of the SFP ports on both are connected to other switches running the 10g-LRM  SFP modules. The two 2960 in question are connected by 1000BaseSX SFP modules. When i try to replace the !gigs with the 10gigs (on bo...

mhwingard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like to know which of 2955s integrated LX module hole is RX and which is TX (got cable with connectors separated :/ )Sorry if such a topic already exists.Link of switch interface:www.google.lt/search?rlz=1C1SKPL_enLT464LT464&es_sm=93&q=ci...