Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

Hi all,Csn someone give me some advice please. What I am trying to achieve is:1- a dmz with internet access2- outside access to dmz for www from any3- access from inside host to dmz for smtp and 14334- access for requests from dmz to inside host fro...

agoodwin by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, i am just CCNA certified and doing an intership in an ISP. As my first and only job they asked me to create a document wich describes how to create VPNs. I have to write this in "Technical Language": explanation of protocols involved, general ...

I am not a security type person, so if this is a stupid question please forgive me. If a web site uses PHP do I need to add a fixup protocol http:xxxx to get it to work? Every time my customer goes to certain sites, it fails if they reconfigure the...

I have several servers that use Intel Nics that are either dual port cards or use the Intel Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter, that are two nics teamed using the Intel Proset install, on Win2k servers. I receieve the following syslog message...

rj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just wondering if anyone could clarify for me, the specific use of ports on Cisco IDS Sensors. I have noticed that the sensors respond to requests on the following Services/Ports: SSH, ICMP, UDP-514, UDP-515.I would like to know specifically wh...

dblairii by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm installing Cisco VMS 2.2 on Solaris in the following setup:HOST 1 : VMS base + IDS-MC 1.2HOST 2 : VMS base + Security MonitorCould anybody on the forum please let me know if there are any ideas for partitioning disk space as I build the sy...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A PIX will only let a user acces a resource in a DMZ by it's private IP address and not it's public address. I'm sure there is a reason for that that is security-based, but I don't know what it is. Can any one point me to documentation or explain tha...

rcarroll by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have read post where people have been successful slowing down these file share programs with NBAR. I have configured this on our router. It doesn't work for whatever reason. Here is the config I'm using.Cisco 7200 Router IOS version 12.2(11)T2Poli...

PAT

I currently have a PAT on a public ip it is currently translating all internal to external traffic.I have been told that I can use this public ip to translate incoming traffic aswell for example I can make it translate incoming traffic on port 5000 t...

gio9779 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Unanswered Topics