Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Greetings,If I edit a zoneset on a switch that has other switches in the VSAN and they are connected via an ISL, what exactly happens when I activate the Zoneset? This is on a switch with the default zoneset propagation policy of activeZoneSet? Als...

Using Device manager I can go to the FLOGI tab for an fc port. Usually the PortName and the NodeName have the exact same wwn. But with our Unisys host HBA, the port name starts with 10:00 while NodeName starts with 50:80. What is the differnece betwe...

rondebbs1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 mds9506 in the Pas location and two more .5 miles away in the Alt location. PasMds1 has an ISL to AltMds1 using dark fiber. PasMds2 has an ISL to AltMds2. The ISLs are on 2 TE ports on each switch. We have Vsan 101 on TE ports on the Mds1 sw...

rondebbs1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have installed FM server 3.2(2c) with oracle database and it completed successfully.After the installation when i try to install FM client by browsing to FM server i get the login prompt for Web Client,after keying the credentials the page goes ...

Hello,We have one fabric composed by three MDS 9124 switches, and now, we want to add a new 9124.there is one principal switch with Domain id static (=100), one VSAN (100) and one zoneset activated. The other switches also have one VSAN (100), and d...

Hello,I'm quite new to MDS.we have 2 MDS connected with on ISL (2 FC ports per MDS)the ports used for the ISL are on the same FC board.I'm wondering if for availability reason, it would be better to spread these ports on separate FC board?is this a g...

We have to locations about 1/2 mile apart. They are Pasteur and Alton. Pastuer has 2 9506 switches - pasmds1 and pasmds2. Alton has 2 9506 switches altmds1 and altmds2. Pasmds1 has a new ISL to altmds1. Pasmds2 has a new ISL with altmds2. These are t...

rondebbs1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

According to the Optical guys, the 9124 san switch cannot be used to extend one of the fabrics between sites because it does not have a frequency specific dwdm gbic which is supported.Is this statement true?