Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

I am investigating purchasing MDS9148T SAN switches to replace some existing MDS9148 SAN switches that currently run NX-OS 6.2(1). My migration plan is simple. Configure an ISL link between the switches and move the UCS and storage array connections ...

sgaston by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer running Nexus 7009 running NX-OS 6.0.(4) and having some serious iSCSI issues which is affecting SQL and some critical applications.  The basic problem is dropped iSCSI packets which seems to indicate a network problem.  We tried e...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need a quick sanity check, as I have no server / storage at hand to verify: I populated the device-alias db, and then used the alias in the zoning Enhanced device alias MDS-A-1(config-zone)# zone name vulcano_adapter0_zone vsan 100MDS-A-1(config-zo...

Walter Dey by VIP Alumni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I'm a newbie and I'm trying to understand something about my old CISCO MDS 9513 switch.I would like to save current switch config and zoning in order to preserve them.I read that I can do a config save using this command from switch command ...

Hi, I need to update the device-alias member across multiple zones, is there a way I can update the device-alias name & membership which would automatically reflect across all the zones? If not could you please let me know what is the best procedure ...

Rags by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,this is first time I try to ask Cisco Community how to solve a problem.My old Cisco mds 9513 fiber channel switch is not usable due to a dual failure on both supervisor-2 elements.Both the two supervisors have a red status led. So, I decided...

I have a customer with a Brocade SAN which should be migrated to MDS; at the moment he uses port-based zoning.I proposed to switch to pwwn based zoning, but customer doesn't like it, although he cannot give me any reason why not.How popular is port-b...

Walter Dey by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,   We had a bunch of MDS 9148 switches all still with the default firmware version from install. (5.x) (6.x). We plan to upgrade them all to latest version, are there any upgrade path that I should follow? Or I can just upgrade them in...

Erwin1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes