Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi, Is it possible to bind Mulitiple FSIP profiles to 1 physical interface on the MDS switch?? I have multiple FSIP profiles that i need to create, not sure of i should bind them to the same physical interface or different intefaces.Thanks

Hello, when I use setup command I can configure vsan 1 ip interface without a problem and sh ip route shows it like Gateway of last resort is 10.1.3.1C 192.168.1.0/24 is directly connected, vsan1C 10.1.3.0/24 is directly connected, mgmt0But I am not...

It turns out that we are not using MDS. What can I do as a network engineer to optimize the SAN traffic across WAN (T3)? I am thinking about changing MTU to 2300 for the entire path, setting up LLQ or CAR. Any other features on the router (6500) an...

kevin.hu by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm using MDS 2916 and Cisco ACS 3.1.I'm able to create user accounts in ACS who can successfully log on to MDS 2916 via telnet. However, thes user have "Network-operator" privileges. How can I give this TACACS+ user accounts "Network-admin" privil...

My customer plan to implement iSCSI on SN5428 replaing existing Brocade switch connected to EVA 3000. Does it work. EVA 3000/5000 is not on compatibility list of SN5428. Have somebody done it?

ftomek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After I ran 'write erase' command and reloaded switch, running 'sh running-config diff' gives me this resultswitch# sh running-config diffBuilding Configuration ...diff: /mnt/cfg/1/ascii/system.cfg: No such file or directoryswitch#Any help ?

I configured two MDS 9216 and connected between them through FCIP and IP WAN. I telneted to local MDS through management interface and able to ping to the remote MDS but I cannot telnet even I can self telnet into local MDS.If I telnet at local MDS t...

cjrchoi11 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Before I start, I have been in contact with Microsoft about this error and they have mentioned several patches or hot fixes. However our contention on the issue is based on a simple premise: - EMC claims Mirrowview has NO IMPACT on host or host proce...

mark-lee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes