Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have stack of two Cisco CBS350-24XS switches.I use OOB mgmt interface for management. Both switches have connections to their Mgmt ports, but only Mgmt port of Active member has a link (UP state), Standby switch has no link (it is down).I gue...

smartitbg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I installed two C1000-8T-2G-L and stacked them using SFPs from the front. Each time the two units are switched off, when powered back up, the second device becomes unknown on the stack. H/W CurrentSwitch# Role Mac Address          Priority    Version...

Hi all, I chance upon this website http://www.ip-calc.com/ , enter the followingip address - 192.168.1.0subnet mask - 255.255.255.252  (cidr 30).The results is that I can have 4 maximum subnets and a maximum of 2 addresses.Q1) Can some gurus advise o...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Vlan Problem

I have 2 Cisco CBS350 switches. They are connected by fiber. I am trying to setup a VLAN (20) on port 1 of each switch to isolate the 2 machines so they can only see each other. I have create VLAN 20 on each switch. I have setup each fiber port as Tr...

cbaze by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, everyone, I am playing around with Packet Tracer 7.3.1 in a 2950-24 switch trying to figure out how port-security works:I ran successfully these commands:switch0(config-if)#switchport mode accessswitch0(config-if)#switchport port-securityswitc...

Mary Leon by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I have multiple sg500x switches in a stack, when I go to backup the config, I am only able to backup the config of the master. How can I target/define a different switch in the stack in order to backup that units startup-config, re. that units port c...

bgleason by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i have done an upgrade to the NXOS version 5.1(3)N2(1) on a nexus 5000 and have the following message every 5-6 minutes:%AUTHPRIV-5-SYSTEM_MSG:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/var/sysmgr/sysmgr-subproc ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/sysctl -q -w vm...