Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,The server are running in orphan ports and connected into two CSW1 and CSW2, anyone can comment on this design?For sample rtr that configured in vpc sometimes the router can see the 10.62.192.10 and  cannot reach the 10.62.192.11. vice versa b...

Studying for ICNDI exam and came across this question:There is a rogue switch connected to CORE 1. You know that the switch runs a vendor—neutral link layer discovery protocol.To which port is the rogue switch connected?Fa1/0/2Fa1/0/1Fa2/0/2Fa2/0/1It...

TheFox by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VLAN tagging

HiCan anyone help to answer the below question Which two statements about SW2 are true? (Choose two)A. Interface Gi5/1 is using a Cisco proprietary trunking protocolB. On interface Gi5/1, all untagged traffic is tagged with VLAN 113C. The device is c...

qns.PNG

Hi, We are having Cisco 2960X switches for access-layer. From past one week we are noticing sudden drop on voip & meeting sessions with Skype, Webex, Teams. After doing troubleshooting we noticed that there is increase in interface reset on switchpor...

I'm having an issue where it doesn't appear my switch it properly passing vlan traffic. I have an NNI connection what we are trying to connect through a stack of 3850 switches. Because its an NNI we are connecting it into a trunk port on the switch t...

jijones by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I have a question regarding the VSL link configurations on both Catalyst 4500X switches: Port-channel1 interface  description VSL-VSS  switchport  switchport mode trunk ---> is it necessary? what would it be for to form a trunk in a VSL link? What...

andino by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys,I'm learning about STP at the moment and am a bit confused about the tie breakers it's using to calculate the best path to the root bridge.As we all know STP uses:1. lowest BID2. lowest root path cost3. lowest sender BID4. lowest sender Port...

Manonym by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All, 1-I have configured a DHCP server for VLAN 1 , specified the network / gateway values , when i plugged my laptop into the switch port it couldn't obtain an IP , i have then configured the "interface vlan 1 " and made it up , the DHCP then ...

xZamalek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

An RFQ for a switch that requires "Power cord C13 to C14, PDU style 12 AMP, 6.5 Feet (2m)". I have decided that one of these two switches meet my criteria: C9300-24T-A or C9300-24P-E. How do I select that power cable for those switches?

sfalloon by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

e got the problem with port security on Cisco 3650:  %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC addressWe have deskphone connected to the access switch port and PC connected to the deskphoneThe port-security setup:...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card