Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm using a C2960X.  I enter spanning-tree mode ?.  The options are:mstpvstrapid-pvst I'd like to seek some clarification on the last two options.  1.  What I understand is that using this pvst command will implement a Cisco version of STP/802.1d and...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , I have Cisco 4506E (WS-X45-SUP7-E) 2units configured VSS Mode. on the Supervisor card it have 4SFP+ portsPort TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1-2 for VSS connection.Can I use TenGigabitEthernet1/1/3-4 for connecting to switch (data up-link)? Example : ---...

chonman by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Attached is a diagram, would it be fine if glbp is run across the devices R1 & R2 at location B.R1 & R2 are 2 different service providers link which end up on the L3 switch.Would this work for outwards loadbalancing.All hosts are behind the switch...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone, In spanning-tree pvst+ mode I noticed one of the port is showing alt port role . while going through the forums i found that RSTP port roles might have been amended int the 802.1d(PVST+). Just to see the behavior  i shutdown the Gi0/1, w...

hi all,just a quick one, i tried to issue a 'clear counter et1/x' on our nexus 5k switch but got an error saying it's part of a port-channel.tried to clear it using port-channel interface but can't. my question is, how do you issue a clear counter in...

After configuring aaa and tacacs configurations on a switch, it now asks for a username and password if even I did not configure a username and password.  Please see aaa configurations below. aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ localaaa au...

Hi, Existing my company having a Cisco ISR3925 but i have no access on to the router due to the previous administrator do not left any login credential. I am thinking to get another loan unit and take out the compact flash from the existing 3925 and ...

I just got handed taking care of our switch's at work and have some questions, i have not worked with switch's that much but i know a little.i have a 2960 with 3 vlans 1 vlan for the ports 1 for the trunks and 1 for management with an ip. the switch ...

Just_here by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if switch is going to core as fiber from one uplink and copper from another uplink then this design will work or not?is it proper practice to do that

knaik99 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Bouncing a switch

What does it mean to "bounce" a switch or that the switch "bounced"?  When I first heard this used I thought it meant shutting an interface down and then turning it on again,  to clear a port-security violation and re-enable the port.  But then I saw...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem that I need to set my max MTU size below 1500 to accommodate downstream equipment.  Is there anyway to do it on the 2960X?  It's frustrating that this switch does not support interface MTU sizes but only system.  Even more frustratin...

Bob_G by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes