Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI we have a smaller office design / collapsed core/agg layer/ access switching looking for a stack of 2 x  48 port cisco switches with some 10Gbase-T ports  is there such a switch ? cat 3850 ? i don't need all 96 ports to be 10G but maybe 12 per swi...

Hello! My task is to divide 1 network to subnetting with IP address 192.168.28.45/28 at 78, 42, 21, and 9 hosts. With this information i todo scheme onpacket tracer with subnetting, switch and ruter. I found this subnettings. My question is how to do...

yoanna.d by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone I have a few issues which hopefully i can get some help on I am trying to ping/telnet onto each switch from the management laptop but i cannot do either I can ping between the VLAN hosts and servers and switches can ping each other. Th...

Scott1sh by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to test the new zero touch provisioning feature on the 3850 or any IOS-XE 16.x.x Everest device.  I can't seem to find a IOS-XEv image on VIRL and I can't find any documentation on how to test this in a virtual environment like GNS3.  Any help...

exd42062 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Can we apply Stacker/Predictor compression command in CISCO CLI using CISCO Packet Tracer ?  I want to generate Traffic and apply compression command to evaluate. Please advise. Thanks Timmy Syed  

timmysyed by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a question about STP and BPDU's.  If a port in a redundant topology stops recieving BPDU's, it runs the risk of erroneously moving to the forwarding state.  However, things like BPDUGuard and BPDUFilter prevent ports from recieving BPDU...

Hi everyone, I was solving problem with policing traffic a used this commands to set configuration on switch:SW1(config)#policy-map Policy1SW1(config-pmap)#class Class2SW1(config-pmap-c)#police cir 4000000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop S...

Filip2142 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   we are using a stack of Cisco 3750 TS all sfp switches to act as core switch and few stack of two Cisco 3750Gs. the SonicWall firewalls are doing the actual routing except for 0/0 [firewall IP address] in switches. my question is if I need t...

m-abooali by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have a new UPS connected to the switch and trying to register the UPS to the cloud, but something in the switch is blocking that connection. Can ping the switch and see the switch, but can't make this connection.   interface GigabitEthernet3/0/17swit...

switch is a 3750x running ipbase Version 15.2(4)E7 I'm having the classic problem with line up, protocol down on every SVI except vlan 1.  I'm a total newb to managed networking gear. Now this is a test lab, All active ports are trunked.  i have 2 es...

anaxagoras by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   we have several Cisco 3560CX switches in our company which all have the same host name (3560cx) but different domain names. F. Ex. 3560cx.berlin.company.com and 3560cx.hamburg.company.com. The iOS CLI on all switches shows "3560cx#".    How ...

JuergenW by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All. I am a newbie to the Cisco world, trying to complete CCNA. Iv been messing around with ISP Virgins Super-hub 2, catalyst 3750, Cisco 871W & 881 series routers for around 4 months now. Iv managed to get the first router 871W connected to the v...

digimansam by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes