Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello people, Bought 4 SG550X and seems I am stumped on the "Trunking" stuff. On my cisco 3750 I have connect a Server to a trunking port dot1q, which as per Cisco, it passes all the VLAN traffic.  (See below)   SW-ATH-FL-1-2-cop2#sh run int gi0/11in...

Hi All   We are in a process of merging two different companies and planned to connect new fiber link between the companies core switches. 1) If layer 3 interface is assigned , cant assign same IP address to both core switches at one end , as it will...

hshaikh by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   I'm new to Cisco and its Nexus switches so I have a few questions about a planned setup. I have 1x Nexus 5010 and 2x Nexus 2232TM-E FEX. I also have a stack of 3x DELL 5548. DELL's have 48gbe and 4 SFP+ 10gbit ports. Its a pretty simple net...

epro_svg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,Are there any SFP modules for Cisco Catalyst 2960-S (or 2960-X) switches that is compatible with SC connectors fiber (Multi Mode 1Gbps uplink connectivity). We are currently using optical convertors to convert 100 BaseFX SC Connector Fiber t...

Ehsan M. by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a failed cisco 3850. I got a new switch in and the IOS was lower than my current stack so i upgraded it . When i do a show ver the IOS looks right but when i do a show switch the H/W version are different.  This will cause my stack to fail ?  ...

ip

i have a question i have 2960 switchs this is directly connected to a cable modem on this switch i always get public ips instead of my dhcp and vlan, does somebody know a solution?

pcfreak49 by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

DTP(dynamic trunking protocol) and vtp(vlan trunking protocol) both are cisco proprietry protocols, I'm confused among them, here are the some questions I wans to ask,1) what is the default running protocol on switches? DTP or VTP ?2) what these both...

Hi all,My 3850 is in a boot loop with the error"Mainboard hardware authentication failed"I tried to break the boot, to try and boot from USB but have been unsuccessful.Any help would be highly appreciated.Thanks,JohnBooting...Initializing and Testing...

Hi All I have just upgraded some Cisco 3850-24T-S switches in a stack from an old version of code to version to 3.06.06 I ran the software install command and all went well until reboot. I had to visit the site and found they were not booting.   I am...

Hi Everyone,   Here is setup    R1---internal router----Ospf------Cisco3750--------vlan  148-------Cisco ASA-----Internet R2---internal router ---Ospf------Cisco 3750-------vlan  148--------Cisco ASA-----Internet    Cisco 3750 has OSPF nei ship with ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes