Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm trying to trace the connection between Main SW and Distribution SWfrom main SW , i follow the sh cdp neig detailbut when i ssh to the IP of the neighbor SW, it seem like it going to different SWHow is it possible ?  

Hello, I recently got a new ASR1001-X running Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.04.01.After trying now 4 days without success creating a simple bridge between 2 ethernet interfaces I decided asking here. All documentation that I found stated somethin...

mpauls by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,One of my clients uses the macro function on their Catalyst 2960 access switches.This macro is of this type:macro auto execute XXX {conf$ INTERFACE interfaceswitchport access vlan 508switchport voice vlan 210no service-policy input QOS-BA-Userserv...

Maximus by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team, I'm currently working on creating a standard configuration for switches connecting the firewalls (DMZ Switch). Can you please suggest what would be considered as the most important commands that can be used in this scenario? Apart from the u...

I am getting an error on my Cisco 2960G switch that says “ duplicate address 192.168.1.10 on Vlan1, sourced by 08cc.68bc.1304.” The switch is connected to a Cisco 1800 router. This is a test network that I am using to study for my Cisco certifica...

switch_duplicate_IP.png switch_duplicate_IP2.png

I have just configured a new 3850 switch, WS-C3850-24T-S. All the functions on ports works fine except POE, no one port is providing it. #sh env all --- on two power sources (350 and 715) shows ok on power and POE #sh power inline is not showing anyt...

ArturoA by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,     I am using iperf to test throughput for server on different network going through my ASA.     Throughput is very low but when I test server to server on the same network its fast.   If I preform a iperf test to server to server on different ...

Hello, we have a large amount of Google Chrome users. I am starting to hear the odd complaint about slow connections to some sites on the internet. As a test I disabled the QUIC protocol (UDP 443) in the web browsers at one site, and the complaints s...

Hello,    Just bought a 3560x-48T-L from ebay, used. i want to update it to newer ios and unlock layer 3, I'm pretty new to this and the dual license thing is confusing me? please help

lahman1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 4506-e switch that went down and rebooted itself.   Now the log is constantly populating these entries: err addr:  0x005c5558 PFN: 0x000005c5 Err Detect Register: 0x0000000004 Faulty Data bit:  40 Expected Data / ECC: ^I0x00000000001_000000...

Hi all, Could you help me with an issue?   I would like know if the Nexus 9300-EX can become a element of the fabric ethernet architecture?   I will deploy a data center network with Nexus 7k at the core layer and Nexus 9300-EX (UTP and Fiber) at top...

apereira3 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes