Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,we want upgrade our Catalyst4510R+E with 2 SUP8E fromcat4500es8-universalk9.SPA.03.03.02.XO.151-1.XO2.bin tocat4500es8-universalk9.SPA.03.10.00.E.152-6.E.bin Is this possible with the normal upgrade procedure: copy the new image to bootflash an...

Hi Team,I have a Cisco WS-C3560 switch wher i am getting the below Error%PLATFORM_UCAST-6-PREFIX: One or more, more specific prefixes  Please suggest on the above .

Robo123 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I've tried to post this issue in the GNS3 support forum but i got no response from the developer himself which is the most shocking situation. So, i post this issue here hoping if someone experienced this issue before.Although i am shy to p...

My best friend recently decided to buy gigabit internet service from ISP. Today, he told me that he should be able to download 4G movie within a minute soon. He strongly believes that the internet speed should go up to 1000Mbps. I told him that the i...

Hello I am new at industrial networks and have a doubt. Do Cisco switches (ex: C3850) have to support CIP or PROFINET in such network so that all of industrial devices can communicate to each other? Thank you Marcos 

mnkojima by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Here is a question. Can you answer it for me?MPLS topology is like this: R1(PE1)(1.1.1.1/24) ----------(1.1.1.2/24)R2(CE2) If R2 run eigrp, then R1 needs to run eigrp and add redistribute eigrp under bgp. Now R2 run eBGP. The configuration is like...

wfqk by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just to confirm : With Pagp the max number ports to form an Etherchannel should be 8 and with Lacp 16 (where 8 are active and the other 8 will be acting as backup ports) However, in Packet Tracer it is possible to configure a port channel with no num...

Piwo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

attached is a .pkt changed to a .jpg. The PCs on both 192.168.1.x  and 192.168.2.x networks can ping each other fine. When I remove the link missing in the attached .pkt (packet tracer) the network isn't converging. Troubleshooting done so far- trace...

steeilers by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've been searching the web and forums for awhile and cannot seem to find the answer to my questions regarding this topic. It seems there is a wide variety of opinions out there and was hoping someone could clear up my confusion.To start I'm ta...

dcanady55 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes