Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Not sure if this is the correct community to be posting this, but here goes. I need to see if I can disable the following UDP ports on my Cisco 3850 switches. UDP ports: 5246, 5247, 6352, 12124,12125,12134,12135,12222,12223,16666,16667,16668 From ...

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I tried to downgrade the IOS on a cat4510R+E: rommon 3 >boot bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.04.01.SG.151-2.SG1.binLoading image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Checking digital signature.... Verification F...

I was reading campus design guide and comparing the interconnect of switches and came with this question: When we have two or three tier design for campas lan where we have Access, Distribution and and core layers. How to interconnect the layers with...

inamprix1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have my Nexus 7000 and I will create 3 vdc (core, aggregation, otv) I would like to know if there’s any best practices to interconnect this vdc contexts. thanks. 452

I have a 3850 stack with 2 members.  The master died and switch 2 took over.  As you can see below, it's waiting on switch 1.  I have it ready to configure, but I need some advice on how to proceed.  I'd like the current configuration to remain, will...

Hi everyone, In the attached digram R4 in AS 30 seems to have two paths to 75.1.0.1/16 and 75.2.0.1/16 (on R7), one is through R6 and the other one is through R2 -> R1 -> R3 -> R5. But the following on R4 only shows there is one path? I am expecting ...

Hi Guys! A customer needs to put Switches with DC Power Suplies in their energy sub stations. I was thinking about maybe a Catalyst 2960 and a XPS-2000 or Cisco Industrial Ethernet Series Switches. What do you think or recommend for this stage? The c...

sisely_pv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VSS configurations

We have 2 core switches 4500 series. Am going to configure first time VSS configurations. When i entering first command for creating domain ,  but command not recognizing switches.  "sw1(config)#switch virtual domain 9 ^% Invalid input detected at '...

Hey all. I'm trying to understand how EIGRP works regarding the best path selection and I can't figure out why it uses the lowest bandwidth in the path from A to B: according to the formula, the highest the bandwidth, the highest the metric. I'd expe...

DaniloB by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are installing a new Switched Ethernet Service with a local vendor in the next couple months.  Since this is our first configuration I am concerned on how to configure the equipment.  At the host end we have a 6807 and at the two remote ends we ha...

Hello, I have an extensive network of Cisco 2960 switches.  I have been experiencing frequent cases of MAC flapping on the network.  The issue is that mac addresses are flapping between a port that leads to the mac address and a port that could not p...

Hello, I'm looking to implement a single layer 2 switch (2960X) for a client, which will aggregate firewall and PE infrastructure. The basic topology will be along the lines of : External PE - 2960X - Firewall - 2960X - Internal PE VLAN segregation w...