Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys, I have implemented Cisco AnyConnect on our ASA, all goes good untill I have notices that while connected to the VPN I had no access to the internal LAN, after some reading on Cisco website i have changed the DfltGrppolicy to restrict access...

I have a need to direct Dns queries coming to an isr to specific dns servers.  I have ip name-server <dns server 1><dns server 2> configured at the isr.  Is there a way(possibly through pbr)to direct certain incoming dns queries to only dns server 2 ...

mialbert by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guys, I have 2 x 3850. I find out that I can not stack them in order to use 7 monitoring sessins on each switch (stacking both switches do not sum up monitoring sessions). However I am unsure one think - can I stuck only pawer and unstack cont...

Per_Cas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have used the Cisco 7600 as a combination router and switch for many years. We recently began replacing the 7600 with the ASR9000 chassis for L3 routing functions. However, we are not convinced the ASR is the right choice for L2 switching. I am lo...

jschmied by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm studying VLANs and I have a doubt. I'm in the following scenario: I have three PC: PCA, PCB, PCC and each of them belong at differents VLANs and they are connected to a switch on three separated FastEthernet ports. The switch is connected ...

giacomo12 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm studying Spanning Tree Protocol If I type the command: S1#sh spanning-tree vlan 1   I have the following output: VLAN0001    Spanning tree enabled protocol ieee    Root ID Priority 32769             Address 0001.42A7.A603             This bri...

giacomo12 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL Not Working

HI  Im trying to block guest VLAN from accessing other VLANS .. i have configured a an ACL to do so under the sub-interface of the Guest but still i can ping and the ACL is not working Pinging 10.20.4.254 from 10.20.7.254 is successful while it shou...

Resolved! Trunk vlans

Hi, I'm trying to trunk 2 new additional vlans from Core Switch to a client Switch. I'm using the default vlan as a management vlan.  CoreSW has the 10.64.45.1 and my client SW has the 10.64.45.28 I have connectivity btw switches. Now, I'm trying t...

www.anaya by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have two 4500x switches with IOS (Cat4500e-Universal.SPA.03.04.04.SG.151-2) and VSS configuration. Now i want to run WCCP on this switch. Also i have IPbase license.  Following are my questions; 1. Is that WCCP feature available? Since I but t...

Are BFD and NSF mutually exclusive in a Cat6800 VSS? BFD detects link failures rapidly and tears down the OSPF adjacency but NSF would need some seconds to let standby supervisor take over.

I'm looking for an explanation into MST and RPVST interoperability. I've been using the below document as a guide as to what I should expect  but I'm not seeing what it seems I should expect.  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/...