Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey all, Not sure I am posting this in the right spot so sorry if im not. New here. My problem is this, and I hope someone can provide me a solution cause its driving me crazy. I'm new to security but am trying to learn. I have a ASA 5510. V8.2(5). I...

Lycurgus. by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a layer 2 network configure for multicast traffic. 1. I have two switches --3750.   Switch1 is the core switch and switch 2 is trunked from switch 1. 2. the multicast server is connected to switch 2 via and access port in a vlan...Lets say vla...

Drew by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently started helping out at a small business where everything was installed and setup before I arrived. The issue I am having is forwarding all requests for ip: 10.141.85.200 which is not on the same network to 192.168.25.221 which is on the sa...

stcsmi231 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When "vlan dot1q tag native" command is enabled on Cisco 3750E router, the LACP PDUs are getting tagged with native vlan and being sent out of the ether channel ports which is against the LACP IEEE RFC which states that LACP PDUs are always untagged....

Hi, has anybody had any problem with 3650 and connecting to use the express setup? the quick guide says to put into express mode and use ip 10.0.0.1 for switch, the problem is the switch doesn't give out that range dhcp it is 10.0.2.1, the manual is ...

t.oliver1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please forgive what I'm sure is a simple question. I am new to CISCO products and am starting from scratch. In my endeavors to obtain my CCNA I am looking to buy hardware from ebay. If I need to update the IOS and\or firmware, is this something   tha...

Hello,  I have a Cisco 2960S switch,  presently I have a multimode fiber uplink plugged in to it.  base 1000sx , GBIC ,SPF port. can I add  another uplink using Single Mode Fiber , and will they run at the same time on this switch?

Hi I notice some of HSRP configuration does not have hsrp number. Please see the below config. What is difference between having number and no number ? Thank you interface Vlan3 ip address 192.30.32.3 255.255.255.0 standby ip 192.30.32.1 standby prio...

eigrpy by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

FYI:We ran into an overheating issue upgrading 2960x switches to 15.2(3)E2. I just wanted to get the word out, maybe save someone the trouble of an RMA.We upgraded switch to 15.2(3)E2 on the reload it updates Front-end Microcode and fails post for in...

jeckert by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a Cisco 3850 8-switch stack with a Mitel phone environment(mixture of 5300 phones). Users will be on the phone and then suddenly all sound cuts out on both the receiving and sending end for about 8seconds and then returns. One thing I have...