Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I am exp MAC Flapping on a 2960-24-TC-L switch between multiple ports (flapping ports move as I shutdown interfaces).  The only way to stop the flapping is to shutdown all unused ports. This is a Netlab POD setup for student labs.  The flap doe...

swillet41 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Preventing Typos

Hi all We recently had an incident where a Live system was brought down due to an engineer typing an IP address incorrectly. Whereas he meant to write x.x.x.50 he put x.x.x.51. Does the community have a quick easy way of preventing these types of iss...

lee.cox01 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys.I have a lot of brocade MLX connected in MPLS with BGP and I have video traffic traveling. Connected to one MLX I have a 3750 stack and here some DVR and pc that can view the video coming from the various camera, and here with have the follow...

mrnsmn75h by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was trying to understand the need of VLAN Tag in frames over the TRUNK link ?My understanding: Example two switches i.e. switch#1 & switch#2 are connected through TRUNK link.PC#1 ------Connected through switch#1 via access port(under VLAN#1)PC#2 --...

This is on a Nexus 7700 version 6.2(10) For security reasons we have some L3 OSPF SVIs configured as passive interfaces.  However, I have a network tool (it maps and analyzes the OSPF routing world) that must form an OSPF neighbor adjacency with anot...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have two layer 3 switch, stacked together, switch 1 port from g1/0/1--G1/0/48, switch 2 port from g2/0/1--g2/0/48switch 1 is active, how can we manually change switch 2 to be active? if switch 1 fails, all port shut down, the user originally conne...

Mary by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I am learning cisco devices for this past years and a little familiar on device command. But this time, i was trying to configure a cisco 1941 router until such time I decided to erase my configuration inputted. I erase the configuration ...

I'm trying to run BFD for OSPF between 6500E running version 12.2.33 SXH and Nexus 5596UP running Version 6.02. The Nexus 5596 has L3 cards and the correct licence. Here are the config6500:_________!interface GigabitEthernet7/17 ip address 30.30.30.1...

ahmede_2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card