Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In packet tracer, everything seemed to be working fine, not sure what happened.I cant ping from a laptop to the default gateway. The default gateway is a router and on one interface (inside lan) is th edefault gateway ip address and the o...

May be its a newbei question. But i want to get it clarified.My question is , if i go for any core switch bundle like WS-C4503E-S6L-48V+Its comes with lan base image by default. I have gone through many document , but still i confused because if i se...

There is abnormal usage of CPU on the new core switch 4507, the details as below, anyone who can help me ?I found the process "iosd" occupies around half hundred percent of CPU usage. Core_WS-C4507#sh proc cpu sorted Core 0: CPU utilization for five ...

Hi,I have a 3750X stack with a dula  layer 3 link back to the core. There are 4 switches in the stack running Version 15.0(2)SE2PCs using SAP frequently drop the connection  to the server in the USA. This only happens on this switch stack, i have pat...

folksi have a quick question i'm hoping you can help withi have a layer 3  etherchannel between 2 * 3750G stacks, both clusters use gi1/0/25 and gi/2/0/25 for the etherchannel and both are set as 'on'i have traffic passing over the link but i get the...

We recently installed a Nexus 7004 and I setup the switch on PRTG.  All of the sensors work fine except for VLANs.  The link says up but with 0 bits of activity.  We had the same setup with our 4510 and it worked.  We are running a very old version o...

Let me start by giving a brief description of our situation:We have aquired new space in our DR facility that is not in our current cage.  A new fiber run was installed to our new space.  Roughly 500'-700' run (Multimode OM3 fiber was used).  There i...

Hello,I have couple of basic questions regarding STP1) Lets see a switch is brought online with STP enable. All the ports will first go into listening state and per documentation, during this period switch will only send and receive BPDUs. Does the s...

zafar_118 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We are in stage of deploying VSS between two 6509 ( SUP720-10G + WS-X6708-10G ).We will use 10G ports of SUP for VSL & We will use 8port 10G module for uplinks to distribution switches.We went through the configuration guides & come across thro...

anis_cisco by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello everyone,                     i have a 2960 compact  switch. i wanted to know whether its possible to make this switch transparent. the requirement is that whenever the switch is connected to any lan, it should be able to access the lan without...